• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need a Wasp that's not a Wasp

I'm not sure.

Joe's has it listed with 2 HSS and 4 LSS and slower than a Wasp. More of an "?" pattern.

Marshall St. has it listed as extremely overstable and faster than a Wasp. More of a "\" pattern.

My Demon is like my wasp, maybe a touch more overstable, but that's because I have an ESP wasp and not a Z wasp.

The demon may go a touch farther as well.

\/\/

Thats what I was thinking but havent touched one. Anyone use a warrior?

I've got one in sure grip, and I've been throwing it more and more. It's a touch more stable than my R-Wood Ontario Roc. It holds a line very well, with a predictable but gentle fade at the end, and maybe a little less glide. I'm probably going to put an E HPP one in the bag, and take out the Demon, which I almost never throw.

So, I decided to get an ESP Wasp for my overstable mid role. Great, got one either on Ebay or Discaroo. Disc arrived at my door, I opened the envelope, held it....

and hated it at first grasp. I can't get over the bead. I can't find a comfortable way to hold it and can't imagine throwing it. I keep picking up the disc hoping I'll "convince" myself that I like it but I just can't.

Buzzz feels great but that bead on the Wasp is just ruining it for me.

So... what disc can I replace this new unthrown ESP Wasp with? Looking at the chart there really isn't much that's right in that area except a Millennium Sentinel but I know nothing about them.

Thoughts?

Sentinel is like a roc/wasp that got run over by a car. It's larger diameter, looks a LOT like a Cobra but is overstable. It has the same bead, great disc, but has that bead.

Gator- no bead, wicked overstable.

I've got one in sure grip, and I've been throwing it more and more. It's a touch more stable than my R-Wood Ontario Roc. It holds a line very well, with a predictable but gentle fade at the end, and maybe a little less glide. I'm probably going to put an E HPP one in the bag, and take out the Demon, which I almost never throw.

I might have to give one a try.

I've got a few if you're interested.
168, 180, and 176 in Sure Grip, and 182 in E HPP. All brand new.

I'll let you know but its looking like a possibility of something I am going to look at since it looks like I am getting a Stingray back in the bag for an understable mid.

Warrior - Flies very similar to a wasp. EHPP has a nice feel to it, but the one I throw is S-Grip. With power, it has the ability to fly straighter longer than a wasp, but always finishes with very very consistent fade. If you're only problem with the Wasp is how it feels in your hand, I would try this.

Cro - less glide and slightly less fade than the wasp. A tad bit faster, and smaller diamater. Feels like a streamlined putter in your hand.

Gator - slower than the wasp and with less glide, but similar fade. Probably not what you're looking for.

Demon - WAAAAAAAAAAAAY more overstable than the Wasp. It is pretty much the Drone.

Cro - less glide and slightly less fade than the wasp. A tad bit faster, and smaller diamater. Feels like a streamlined putter in your hand.

A little addition to this... the R-Pro Cro has slightly less fade than the Wasp, while the Star Cro may be right on.

Latest posts