• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need to slim down

VegOut

My Disc Golf Bag 23/2/18

I need to slim down my current bag. Areas I can reduce disc is in:

Fairway drivers: the stable 7 speeds. I currently have a new tournie stamp lat64 explorer (month old) more unpredictable, two tournie stamp instincts one ore stable than the other both more so than the explorer (9 months old, but spent some time in a box), teebird (2 years of play, 8 yrs old.). My FD is the new line, about 8 months old and more stable than all prior discs listed

Mids: May remove the MD3 because I tend to throw it nose up. Have thrown it in a few holes. Tends to throw noise up. The reactor is going to stay.

Putters- removing the tactics just for the razor claw. The tactics name is too long to remove from my disc.

My Disc Golf Bag 23/2/18

I need to slim down my current bag. Areas I can reduce disc is in:

Fairway drivers: the stable 7 speeds. I currently have a new tournie stamp lat64 explorer (month old) more unpredictable, two tournie stamp instincts one ore stable than the other both more so than the explorer (9 months old, but spent some time in a box), teebird (2 years of play, 8 yrs old.). My FD is the new line, about 8 months old and more stable than all prior discs listed

Mids: May remove the MD3 because I tend to throw it nose up. Have thrown it in a few holes. Tends to throw noise up. The reactor is going to stay.

Putters- removing the tactics just for the razor claw. The tactics name is too long to remove from my disc.

idk if its just my laptop but i some of the names overlap and i cant read all of them

Yeah I tried to spell out the ones that overlap. Any ideas on how to make it more readable?

Yeah I tried to spell out the ones that overlap. Any ideas on how to make it more readable?

Not I, no. Never used it before I've only seen images of people using it. I'd offer bag advice but stopped trying new molds (mostly) a number of years back and haven't tossed more than half of your stuff.

Good luck!:thmbup:

Sounds like you know what needs to be done. Pick out one stable 7 speed (whichever feels best in your hand is as good as a selector as any) and then play a couple rounds to see if you miss any others. Depending on the plastic the Valkyrie may fly pretty similar to the 7 speeds so that could even cover the slot.

For Mids - on paper you could go with Runway//Reactor//Origin assuming your Origin is as understable as people indicate. Haven't actually thrown one so hard to say. But speaking from personal experience if you throw around 320 feet then you will likely be fine with just an OS mid, a straight/stable mid, and an US mid.

Yup any of those stable 7 speed molds can do it all. A fresh and a broken in (or pick a stable and less stable of the molds for now)

Also curious to what you would be getting out of different Essence and the Valk.

How do the Stal and Splice fly differently for you? I know the Splice is super beefy, and not all stal are super beefy (ranging from standard FB to Sexton). Its partly my elevation, but a good number of Stal I have tried are plenty OS for my utility slot. (Power FH or OH, especially at sea level may disagree)

You are definitely off to a good start. If you want to trim down, trim way back and add things back in after you feel you need them multiple rounds in a row. You will learn angles and what your discs are capable of doing faster this way, and new discs better adding them 1 at a time. Something like: Stal, Instinct, Essence, Reactor, Origin, Runway or Tactic, Putting Putters. Valk too if it fills the stability gap between an Essence and instinct for you. Berg is amazing, especially if you learn to apply finesse to it instead of just masking approach issues by throwing hard. Glitch is fun as heck, and a great training tool, but generally not going to lead to improved scores. Super glidey approach discs can lead to big misses. (I throw a glitch regularly but take it out for tourneys so I am not tempted)

Yes Acrosley generally the Origin is pretty US. They are the best late flipping premium mid to pair with a reactor/buzzz/hex type straight/stable mid. I paired with comets for ages, but really comets like going straight or holding a line. Origin can go 300' straight and then start tracking right late.
The only Reactor I have thrown was a glow, that was surprisingly OS (which is common with glow reactors I guess). Depending on how mid heavy someones game is I could easily see there being room between a reactor, which at 300' power is going to fade out, and an origin.