• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New California courses update thread

new course in Citrus Heights on a golf course. Hopefully many many more of these in the near future!

The San Diego Aces have helped Colina Park Golf Course in City Heights (San Diego) install 18 Discatchers on their pitch and putt golf course. The holes are from 148' to 310', with most in the 220-250' range. Pins are tucked close to greens and bunkers to provide challenge and the landscape has ample elevation change, which is utilized with a few baskets perched on drop-offs. Open for disc golf play on Friday, Jan. 23rd, tee times recommended.

Colina Park is home to the First Tee of San Diego and Pro Kids Golf Academy, organizations that use golf as a vehicle for teaching life skills to kids. City Heights is a disadvantaged neighborhood and the kids enrolled in the Pro Kids Academy have a homework club and tutoring to assist them with their studies. No golf until homework is complete.

Since the facility is kid-focussed there is no smoking and no alcohol permitted on site or in the parking lot. Shirts and shoes required. The golf course is in pristine condition and should prove to be a fun place to exercise your midrange and putter game. Greens fees are $7 on weekdays, $8 on weekends with a $10 all-day option. Tee times recommended.

The Aces will hold an Ice Bowl tournament on Saturday, Feb. 28th, benefitting the San Diego Food Bank. This will be the final event in the Golden Sombrero Series of Ice Bowls. One round, starting at 2pm. $25 entry fee includes a Golden Sombrero-stamped disc and 3 mulligans. Players may purchase an additional ten mulligans for $1 each (but no more than ten!). Watch for registration on DGU.

http://www.colinaparkgolf.com

Brooktrails Golf course in Willits CA (mendocino county) will have 18 baskets very soon. It is an epic place to have a course with manicured fairways, giant redwoods, and a lovely stream running through the property. I played the original layout in July but they've since had to rework it. I'm psyched to check it out soon as a must play on the 101 corridor between humboldt and SF

Brooktrails Golf course in Willits CA (mendocino county) will have 18 baskets very soon. It is an epic place to have a course with manicured fairways, giant redwoods, and a lovely stream running through the property. I played the original layout in July but they've since had to rework it. I'm psyched to check it out soon as a must play on the 101 corridor between humboldt and SF

Yes! I've been in need of some new courses along the way between Humboldt and home.

Sunrise Disc Golf Course in Citrus Heights is opening this weekend. Pay to play ($6 for 18 holes to start), golf carts for an additional charge with a bar and grill/clubhouse on site that does live music.

Sunrise Disc Golf Course in Citrus Heights is opening this weekend. Pay to play ($6 for 18 holes to start), golf carts for an additional charge with a bar and grill/clubhouse on site that does live music.

Yeah I've been getting excited! Will be great to finally have a pay-to-play 18 in Sacramento! Avoid the Darrells!!!

Sunrise Disc Golf Course in Citrus Heights is up and running and so far it looks like it will be a huge success. If you have an opportunity to come play the course in it's infancy please do so. The main course manager, Martin Gibson, rides around on a golf cart all day getting feedback on ways to improve the course and improvements are being made at a very fast pace. I'm very impressed with the way things are going. A lot of great ambassadors of the sport are showing their support, and I think disc golfers are outnumbering ball golfers around 40 to 1 right now on the course. Check it out if you get a chance.

Sunrise Disc Golf Course in Citrus Heights is up and running and so far it looks like it will be a huge success. If you have an opportunity to come play the course in it's infancy please do so. The main course manager, Martin Gibson, rides around on a golf cart all day getting feedback on ways to improve the course and improvements are being made at a very fast pace. I'm very impressed with the way things are going. A lot of great ambassadors of the sport are showing their support, and I think disc golfers are outnumbering ball golfers around 40 to 1 right now on the course. Check it out if you get a chance.

This is great. OV has been severely overcrowded for years and years. Now, if you want, you can pop over here and pay to play, get a cart, and enjoy golf the way it should be. I hope golf course owners take notice!!!:clap:

Anyone know anything about the course redesign/opening up at Mt Waterman?

New course on a golf course in Cobb, Ca. Looks like a pretty sweet spot for a round!

Mojave Narrows Regional Park Disc Golf Course.

Installation of pins and tees continues today. Course will be open for play on June 2nd.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=7670

If you want to be the first to play the course, volunteer to help today. No entry fee for volunteers.

Most other park users arrive later in the day on weekends. Early birds and weekday players will have the entire park to themselves.

Park also offers camping, fishing, horseback riding and splash park. Please be mindful, that all the other park users were here first.

Please provide a positive introduction to the sport of disc golf. As at all San Bernardino Regional Parks, there is a vehicle fee to enter. Alcohol is legal in the park.

Sunrise dgc in Citrus Heights had closed temporarily, but from what I understand it will be reopening at some point in the near future? I was curious if anyone has any additional knowledge of the reopening date of the course? This was a great course to play.

It's reopening this weekend. Sleeves and new baskets are in. Drew Gibson is running the disc golf side of things now. His dad, Marty, is no longer affiliated with the course.

It's reopening this weekend. Sleeves and new baskets are in. Drew Gibson is running the disc golf side of things now. His dad, Marty, is no longer affiliated with the course.

Thanks for the update, looks like I'll be golfing sunrise to show my support of the course with the reopening.

Thursday night random double starting at 5:30PM (get there earlier) at Sunrise Disc Golf Course. More details on the course's facebook page (Sunrise Disc Golf Course - Citrus Heights, CA). Also, 2nd and consecutive rounds are now $4 per person. First round is still $6 per person (plus $10 per person, per round if you want to rent a cart). I will be updating my review of the course after I play it again, hopefully sometime this week.

Just moved into the LA area about 2 weeks ago…this thread seems like a pretty good place to keep updated on courses in the area…….so here I am :popcorn:

Mast Park, Santee, CA

The City of Santee and the San Diego Aces Disc Golf Club have cooperated to install a 9-hole recreational disc golf course at Mast Park in Santee. Each hole has short and long tees and three basket positions, which will be rotated regularly by club members. City staff and club members held two work days to install the sleeves and framed DG tee pads. Rubber pads and tee signs will be added soon.

The course is aimed toward recreational play, with the short tees designed to be fun (not frustrating) for new players. We're already scheduling kids' events with the city's recreation department and expect to work cooperatively with local schools. A weekly doubles league has already started on Wednesdays at 5pm.

Check out the DGCR course page for more info and directions: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=7781

Allen Risley
President
San Diego Aces Disc Golf Club

Hello from Colorado! I am planning a disc golfing road trip to California this October. I was wondering how easily accessible the road to Birds of Paradise is. I've heard you need a SUV or truck to get there. Any truth to this? Would a Subaru Imprezza get up this road?

Hello from Colorado! I am planning a disc golfing road trip to California this October. I was wondering how easily accessible the road to Birds of Paradise is. I've heard you need a SUV or truck to get there. Any truth to this? Would a Subaru Imprezza get up this road?

You're fine in about any car last time I was there.

Latest posts