• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New CFR GLOW Firebirds- legal disc or weapon?

Dana

Double Eagle Member
Wow, these are the hardest/most firm discs I've ever seen. No way these could pass, or could they?

If Double G had hit that spotter with one of these Firebirds, that kid is DEAD.

(13) have a flexibility rating no greater than 27 lb. (12.25 kg);

(6) Flexibility - The disc is held on its edge in a vertical position perpendicular to a scale with a precision of at least 2 oz. (56.7 g). The upper rim of the disc is then gradually pressed down within 5 seconds. The
flexibility rating is determined at one of two points, depending on how the disc reacts to the application of pressure. For discs that buckle, the flexibility rating corresponds to the point when the maximum weight is registered on the scale. For discs that do not buckle, the rating refers to the weight at the point when the inside rim-to-rim distance is at 50 percent of the disc's diameter. The temperature of the disc is to be no higher than 25 degrees Centigrade (77 F) when the test is performed. The ratings of three samples are determined, and the median score is used as the final rating. Discs that are unable to be bent to 50% of their diameters fail the flexibility test. Manufacturers are required to send samples of the most rigid discs
they want considered for PDGA approval.

link for tech standards- http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/PDGATechStandards_61510.pdf

Last edited:
yeah those things are hard as a rock. they dye weird too. dye doesnt take well along the outer rim. wonder if its some different hardening agent that they put in there.

Last edited:
I got one yesterday and didn't notice that it was any different. The td said Schweb recommended them so people were snatching them up.

Swooped up 2 for a local CFR deal yesterday and they are hard as a rock. Gonna be some sweet throwers.

Man the ones I have are so stiff it's like a dinner plate or something.

I've never had a firebird and I had sponsored the tourney and got one. I put it into the back of the car without checking it out. I'll look at it tonight and compare it to other CFR's i've gotten in the past.

I am legitimately scared that someone is going to get hit by one of these and die.

Booter- Passed what test? Are you saying that Innova does in house testing? Or that they've been tested by the PDGA? I'm somewhat doubting that either of those happened...

Any disc could potentially kill someone if thrown hard enough and if it hit the right spot. Ie, temple, throat,etc. Not just your "rock hard firebird".

Latest posts