• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

new course going in @ The Evergreen State College in Wa.

mattc

* Ace Member *
We are in the process of building a new course at Evergreen.

Our club SPSDGA has had 9 baskets at the college for a couple of years now.
a year ago they were in a different area to gauge interest in having course.
it was getting a little bit of play, and people were asking lots of questions, and that got us approval for 18 in this new wooded area.

We have 9 holes roughed in and are encouraging people to get out and play it.
(I have been doing doubles out there on Sun. Mornings)
Temp. dirt Tees, and portable baskets on cables.
Mostly just trying to keep the brush beat down, and see how some of the holes play.
Once we get the front 9 done, we will start on the back 9.

I will post some pics of the course later.

here are some pics of what I have made for the signs to the course from the parking lot, temp Tee signs, and the next Tee arrows etc.

Attachments

• 20140901_150344.jpg
    20140901_150344.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 20140727_184211-1.jpg
    20140727_184211-1.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 20140907_124819.jpg
    20140907_124819.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 31
^^^ I don't know why this site flips some pics when posted from my phone, but you get the idea.

Here is a pic of the map Mr Anderson made with a cool GPS app.
Come out and enjoy, just remember that it's still under construction.
We would also prefer to wait to list it as a course until it is a little closer to being finished.

Attachments

• IMG_109489079505233.jpg
    IMG_109489079505233.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 39
Always glad to hear of new courses going in the ground. I'd been out of the loop for a while and while looking through my list of played courses, saw that Yauger is RIP. Not that Yauger was a stellar course by any means, but it always sucks to see courses pulled, especially in an area that doesn't have many options nearby. I'll definitely get out there and play at some point--is it similar to any other courses in the area?

we have been playing this course quite a bit, and making some slow but steady improvements.
it has been getting great reviews by the guys that have played it, and its seeing more traffic all the time.
we are back to hitting it pretty hard now that winter team golf is over.
there is a couple holes that still need a lot of work (mainly #3), and #9 has been a barley ok hole down a service road.
today i started making a new #6 (this hole is being added between the current #5 and #6) it will make it so i can renumber everything after it one number higher, allowing me to delete the current #9

Nice Matt....I'll have to get down there and give it a toss, along with Woodland Creek, which I also haven't played yet.

bunch more work done today, this course is really coming along

from the SPSDGA FB page

We have had few work parties @ Evergreen the last couple weeks, and I am proud to say we got some work done.

BIG THANKS to those that made it out, even if for only a short time, as every little bit helps.

#1 basket is now in a permanent spot (no more cable,etc.)
#3 got some more trees moved and the green got cleared more.
we created a new #6 and a nice big path over to its Tee. from #5
this made it so.......
#6 is now #7, and #7 is now #8, and of course, #8 is now #9
(old #9 is no longer in play)
#8 (new #8) Tee pad got pushed back some, to go with its new longer green
plus some other misc course construction stuff.

if you haven't played Evergreen yet, or its been a while since you been there, you need to check it out!!!

just remember: its still under construction, but its really coming along nicely
(plus the rough is getting a lot better, its already getting beat down a lot

i just picked up 4 more mach V baskets to install on holes #2, #3, #5, and #9
so we will now have a total of 5 permanent baskets

I am very interested from this course having grown up in Olympia. I will look forward to checking it out when I am home in December! Any more current updates?

summer is over, time to get to work

It's been a while since I posted here, but summer is over, and we will be hitting this course pretty hard now.

We installed the last 3 permanent anchors (for the first 9 holes) a couple weeks ago.
Earlier this week we put in the 9th permanent basket for the first 9 holes!!!
This feels like a big milestone for this course, and can't be happier.

We have also had a few more work parties just recently and have pretty much gotten all the fairways and Teepads where they are going to be.

Next weekend we will be installing the frames for 5x12 Teepads and filling them with crushed rock.
This will be to verify their location, and get us through until the college can buy concrete.

This also will be a giant milestone, and will really help how the course plays, because the bare dirt Teepads are getting greasy now that it is raining again.

If you haven't played this course yet, you are cheating yourself, it is developing into a pretty great course.
(Those of you familiar with the area, it's way better than woodland creek, and turning into a short shelton springs)

Here is a more current map of the course with the old #9 being removed, and the new #6 on it.
Enjoy :hfive:
attachment.php

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1445466958473.jpg
    FB_IMG_1445466958473.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 130
[

If you haven't played this course yet, you are cheating yourself, it is developing into a pretty great course.
(Those of you familiar with the area, it's way better than woodland creek, and turning into a short shelton springs)

Now that sounds like fun! Can't wait to get down there and play a few rounds!

We have started with the Tees.
Last night we roughed in #1 & #2
Today we finish the rest :clap:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20151106_162102.jpg
    20151106_162102.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 117
We were able to get all 9 Teepads built.
They are temporarily filled with gravel, but concrete will follow.
We also were able to get most of the fairways smoothed out, and many of the bigger logs and stumps removed.
Turned out great, because we had a huge turn out for the work parties all weekend :thmbup:

Attachments

• 20151108_124106.jpg
    20151108_124106.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 20151107_110848.jpg
    20151107_110848.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 32
I have started work on the back 9.
I am in the process of cutting some trails into the property and taking measurements of everything.
The back half of the property is pretty deep in brush and downed trees etc. Making it hard to move around, so this will help a lot.

Are there distances on each hole yet? This seems like a good opportunity to sneak some long holes into the next 9 (400-500ft-ish). It looks like there is a lot of land available.

Latest posts