• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New course - West coast of Wisconsin

Apparently i missed the first paragraph of your first post. Puts you an hour or so from me. So yeah, id love to come help!

The next day I plan on working is this Sunday afternoon sometime. We will be carving out part of hole 10 and some of the area surrounding - involves cutting and burning brush.

Today we cleared out most of hole 10. This first picture is from the tee looking down the fairway, the basket will be about 300 feet, perched atop the ridge that is the horizon line just around and left of the largest oak tree.

attachment.php

Looking back towards the tee from the green area - the tee is just above and slightly right of the fire in the distance.

attachment.php

Probably about 2 more days of clearing and we'll be ready to install the front 12 baskets and start working on tee areas, and focus on polishing up that 12 hole loop before we move on to the dark underside of the course..

Attachments

• 10-2.jpg
    10-2.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 133
  • 10-1.jpg
    10-1.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 132
How about the panoramic of the hole described above, picture taken from above the right edge of the fairway, tee is off the road on the left edge of the picture, basket is on the ridge on the right edge of the picture, you can notice both fires from the previous pictures.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 10-pan.jpg
    10-pan.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 139
I did a thing today...

Hole 1 tees off from the patio beside the house
attachment.php

Hole 2
attachment.php

Hole 6
attachment.php

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 122
Those shots are just gorgeous; one year in the future I'll have to do a Packers/disc golf pilgrimage and will definitely have this course on the list! Just a quick question: is there any rhyme or reason to the white and red mix of baskets?

Just a quick question: is there any rhyme or reason to the white and red mix of baskets?

Sort of... He only wanted to pay for a few baskets at a time, the first ones he ordered were white (that was the only option at the time). Then the second order he placed, he found out they had new color options, and that white wouldn't be available again until sometime in June, so he wanted some Red. I asked him what color he wanted to see when he looked out off of his patio or when he drove into the driveway, he quite definitely said "White" so we put the white baskets in the more open areas and the red baskets in the wooded areas.

Spent a good 8 hours this weekend installing a retaining wall to hold the teepad for hole 11 - the straight uphill hole, pretty much the only uphill hole so far, the hole with the basket perched on the rock - coming soon, pavers and a bench. Yes, it will be fairly small - about 7'x3' - but it's a short hole, deal with it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• hole11.jpg
    hole11.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 85
  • hole11-2.jpg
    hole11-2.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 85
  • hole11-3.jpg
    hole11-3.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 87
I've got the go ahead for another local course. Owner of a local outdoor music venue on top of the bluff, beautiful rolling piece of property, heavily wooded. Ever since I first stepped foot out there about a year and a half ago I've been putting the bug in his ear about disc golf. He's been checking out the current pictures of the course in production, and the key factor I think is that I got his son excited about it. I was at a show out there on the 4th and he approached me and finally said, let's go for it. My dream of making this a destination area might pan out after all. :D

Bump...

Wanted to see how this project is coming along? Was very excited to originally hear about it.

9 baskets "complete" - meaning tees and baskets and fairways are quite done and playable, though the finishing touches will never be done, and that a couple of the baskets are played twice, meaning that 9 baskets currently is 13 holes.

Both he and I are excited to start working on the back 9 baskets, which should amount to another 14 holes or so (shooting for a total of 27 holes). I expect to be out there in the next week or two and throughout the winter months to start working on the next few holes.

9 baskets "complete" - meaning tees and baskets and fairways are quite done and playable, though the finishing touches will never be done, and that a couple of the baskets are played twice, meaning that 9 baskets currently is 13 holes.

Both he and I are excited to start working on the back 9 baskets, which should amount to another 14 holes or so (shooting for a total of 27 holes). I expect to be out there in the next week or two and throughout the winter months to start working on the next few holes.

Awesome!! Thanks for the update!

4 More baskets will be installed next Saturday. The entire playable course will be 19 holes using 14 baskets. Also a big project we are working on is a suspension bridge over a gulley, slated to be installed on June 2.

Hole 13
attachment.php

Hole 14
attachment.php

Basket is in the process of being installed in this picture at the bottom of the hill.

Attachments

• 20180512_110822.jpg
    20180512_110822.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 20180512_105812.jpg
    20180512_105812.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 74
Hole 16 taking shape. Owner wanted a novelty suspension bridge. Was it necessary? nah. Is it cool? Hell yeah. First picture is from the bridge looking towards the basket. Second picture is from the basket area looking back towards the tee.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180603_171525.jpg
    20180603_171525.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 20180603_195941.jpg
    20180603_195941.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 92

Latest posts