• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New courses proposed on National Forest Land - Need Feedback!

Hello everyone!
Here in Creede Colorado is a project to propose/design a new DG course on National Forest land right outside of the town of Creede.

Wondering if there are courses in the USA that are on National Forest Land but not on a Ski Area land/lease permit? We need examples to present to the Forest Service local office. Business plans that have been presented to the FS and approved are most useful.

Our Facebook page can be found here if you want to find out about it or participate:

Thanks in advance! Hope to see you here one day!

Oregon has quite a few courses in state parks, but i'm sure it's much more difficult to deal with the Feds on something like this. That's not much help I know, sorry. It would probably have to be pay to play, like a concession, and they lease the property to you.

Fort Hamby in Wilkesboro, NC is on US Army Corps of Engineers land. DSCJNKY (Jason) did some work on the course so you might want to reach out to him.

If these Army Corps or State Parks or National parks or State forest or State rec area courses that people are pointing out help you out at all, there's lots of them out there, if you want to know more of them we could put together a significant list. You ask specifically for National Forest Land courses, of which there are not very many.

Last edited:
Specifically included for ski areas on National Forest Land, so they must be OK.

SKI AREA RECREATIONAL OPPORTUNITY ENHANCEMENT ACT OF 2011

(3) Inclusions.--Activities and facilities that may, in
appropriate circumstances, be authorized under paragraph (1)
include--
``(A) zip lines;
``(B) mountain bike terrain parks and trails;
``(C) frisbee golf courses; and
``(D) ropes courses.

I've been looking into this myself up here in NW Colorado. It seems like the best bet is to setup a temp course and hold an event at the temp course. Show the NF people how little it affects the forest. But getting a permanent course with actual tees and baskets may be a bit too much for the NF to allow. We could really make some amazing courses in Colorado if we were able to break through this barrier. So much amazing land in the NFs.

We recently approved and installed a course on Bureau of Land Management land in Eugene, OR. Federal, but not Forest Service. PM me if you want more info or contacts.

China Peak is partly on National Forest land. But they apparently can't even put rubber tees in on the part of the course that is national forest.

China Peak is partly on National Forest land. But they apparently can't even put rubber tees in on the part of the course that is national forest.

Our course is on National Forest land and is part of a ski resort like China Peak. We are allowed to use rubber tees.

Latest posts