• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] New disc

TKWolverine

Birdie Member
I just got an email from Vibram that on Friday morning there will be discounts on Vibram products and "a new disc on its way!" I'm guessing either an OS or US mid. Has anyone heard anything?

Hopefully OS mid. I dont know why but the Vibram brand has just really died off here in Colorado. Its very rare to see any out on the course theae days.

....I dont know why but the Vibram brand has just really died off here in Colorado. Its very rare to see any out on the course these days.

Not too much Vibram here in the ATL area, either. Maybe they need to step up marketing all over?

It must be an announcement about a future release, because no new Vibram discs have been approved by the PDGA.

:rolleyes: Vibram does just fine...discs aren't all they mfgr, in fact a small % of their biz.

Nobody said the entire Vibram company was going out of business, nor do any of us think they are just a disc golf business. Just pointing out their discs have fallen out of favor around here.

Anyway, I read the email as well and it definitely says a new disc. Maybe their gripes with the PDGA have led to not even putting it up for approval? Seems silly when I type it out...

Nobody said the entire Vibram company was going out of business, nor do any of us think they are just a disc golf business. Just pointing out their discs have fallen out of favor around here.

Anyway, I read the email as well and it definitely says a new disc. Maybe their gripes with the PDGA have led to not even putting it up for approval? Seems silly when I type it out...

Well, they haven't "died off" out here in Innova country, they never got going. ;)

Vibram is big, golf discs have to be pretty far down their list of priorities. Just some cheap cash flow to take advantage of a "fad"?

A lot of what I've thrown of theirs was pretty good, the Solace and Lace are solid drivers. Ibex and VP are good. Just need more exposure.

I love their glow too. Best out there, but it's rare to see many in the course.

Overstable mid and a Meteor/Mako-like mid I would for sure order two each of.

.... really boys, oddball Vibram minor ranting and consternation? ffs. Go play catch with a soft Summit :)

Hopefully OS mid. I dont know why but the Vibram brand has just really died off here in Colorado. Its very rare to see any out on the course theae days.

In over 13 years of playing, I've never seen anyone in Michigan that bags Vibram outside of putters. I got a Vamp from the Infinite VIP club and decided to grab a few used molds from a local shop and was actually happy with how they flew. I'm not huge on the feel, look, or smell... ... ... the smell. But, they do fly great and are excellent in cold weather.

Only the glow ones smell for the record...

Your sense of smell is likely diminished. I've only fondled them, but they definitely smell. It's not strong or anything, but it's there.

Mystery solved! (about the new disc, not the smell).

This morning, Vibram announced the release of the Launch, a mid described as "a stable, straight flyer that will help beginners and slower arms gain more confidence."

It sounds a lot like an Ibex to me.

I dont think they would phase out the Ibex/Obex like they did the Trak/Ascent but I suppose its possible. Maybe they are just trying to hone in on the begginer market?

I considered getting one for my niece,but its not part of their Black Friday sale, sooooo....

There's plenty of room for a mid more US than an Ibex. Hopefully this is it.

So, has anyone heard when/if the new disc gets PDGA approval? Assuming mine will show up before my next tourney and if it fits I would like to play it. But................

Latest posts