• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nicko D

Hi.
I have been reading here in the forum from time to time when it came up in google searches, and I have found a few gems hidden in a lot of random text :) But now I think it is time to step it up and get an acount.

I was introduced to disc golf when I lived in Sweden around 2004, we bought a disc and played for fun in Gothenburg, but far from anywhere near serious. I dont even think we new that there was a club in Gothenburg, or that you could attend tournaments. After university I moved to Norway and started playing more in 2010. Mostly doing single rounds but I later found some more players in the area. But there was no local club. So I joined the cheapest one in Oslo, just to be able to try tournaments.

My first pdga tournament was Copenhagen open in 2012, an A-tier and eurotour event (I had no idea at the time what that meant). I managed to stay away from last place and had a very good weekend, I think it is there that I really got hooked.

I moved to Oslo in the fall of 2012 and became a part of the community here. In the summer I play almost every day and at least once a week in wintertime. I have also stepped in on the board of my club.

Well, thats me.

Welcome! Always nice to get members outside North America. :thmbup:

I just recently joined a club, it has improved my game played with better people. Prior I had friends that weren't as serious about it and didn't have good competition.

For me it was a no-braineer to join a Club, bacause that was something that was needed in order to play on the national tour, and they are (were) almost the only tournaments around. And now I always recommend casual players to join a Club, not neccessary my, but any. Bacause that is one of few ways we have to show how many players we really are.

Welcome! Just curious, how big is your club? Is disc golf fairly well known in Oslo?

I've got some cousins in Norway that I plan to visit sometime in the future, I'm glad to see that DG is not just a Swedish and Finnish thing.

Skål!

Discgolf is still way bigger in Sweden and Finland. They have so many more courses and (registered) players.

There are 4 courses in Oslo, one is 9 holes and the rest is 18. Plus one that is abandoned. We have 5 clubs and my club, www.Muselunden.no, have about 50-60 members.

This weekend we had sunny and warm weather for maybe the first time since the snow went away, I was out on a course and saw at least 20-30 people that were new for me out playing. Some with just one disc and some with small bags. So our sport is indeed growing, both casual play and organized.

Latest posts