• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Park Name Field

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I just added a park name field to the courses. The idea being if the course name differs from the park name, you'll still be able to see that on the course page to make finding the place easier. Also, if you're doing a search, the course will show up if you type in either name into the box.

Example here: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3

Excellent idea.

I don't think it's saving this field. I went to do this for my home course since the course name is not the same as the park name. I add the name to the course info page, hit submit and nothing. So I go back to the course info page and the field is blank.

Nice! :thmbup:
(look down in the Location Details box on the right, folks).

I just sent info on Surge DGC, which is on the Cincinnati State College Campus. I hope that's OK. That goes to a mod (you, Tim?) first, right?

fyi, Osage Grove is in Kathryn Stagge Marr Community Park in Goshen, OH, but can't be edited yet (Adam hasn't set the official 'launch date' yet: which is fine).

I'll keep an eye out for others around here.

Thanks again, Tim!

Hmm, worked for me just now. What were you trying to enter for the park name?

This is awesome. I don't always want to go through the hassle of going to see the GPS coordinates then trying to copy/paste them in maps while on the road. It would be very convenient to just search for the park name. I tried doing that before but ran into the same problem - course names not matching park names.

Nice! :thmbup:
(look down in the Location Details box on the right, folks).

I just sent info on Surge DGC, which is on the Cincinnati State College Campus. I hope that's OK. That goes to a mod (you, Tim?) first, right?

fyi, Osage Grove is in Kathryn Stagge Marr Community Park in Goshen, OH, but can't be edited yet (Adam hasn't set the official 'launch date' yet: which is fine).

I'll keep an eye out for others around here.

Thanks again, Tim!
I'd probably stick to parks only... I guess I could change the field to "Park/Location Name" for that kind of stuff though.

Excellent idea.

I don't think it's saving this field. I went to do this for my home course since the course name is not the same as the park name. I add the name to the course info page, hit submit and nothing. So I go back to the course info page and the field is blank.

Fixed...

Yup, it's working now, thanks TimG!

I'd probably stick to parks only... I guess I could change the field to "Park/Location Name" for that kind of stuff though.

I support this. With "Park" being the most common word in the name field, most of those are probably covered.

It would seem to be more important for courses on schools, ski hills, golf courses, camps, resorts, corporate campuses, military bases, airports, sand mines, farms, orchards, cemeteries, shopping malls, ....

Perhaps "Located In"?

I support this. With "Park" being the most common word in the name field, most of those are probably covered.

It would seem to be more important for courses on schools, ski hills, golf courses, camps, resorts, corporate campuses, military bases, airports, sand mines, farms, orchards, cemeteries, shopping malls, ....

Perhaps "Located In"?
"Located in" might not be bad. Too late to change it tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

This is a great deal. Thanks timg.

Me like! IDGC and several others updated already.

Perhaps "Located In"?

^ Seconded.

Last edited:

Latest posts