• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New pDGA "benefit"

himynameismatt said:
Just when I thought my respect for Avery couldn't get lower...All he does on Facebook is link to his eBay auctions...I find out he's an Advocare rep, bummer. Advocare=Amway=Total Schemers.

Don't forget the brewery visits.

While i agree that this stuff sounds odd at least i'm not sharing the sentiment that touring pros should not earn money from playing or in other ways or anyone else for that matter. To me it would be awesome if a lot of players and enough businesses could earn a living from disc golf. Most large sports have that infrastructure to keep the sport going and growing while improving. I'm not so fond of everything needing to be volunteer work because for the best results it is not enough. There is too much to be done with the current player base and the volunteers that don't play that can be recruited to help.

Lets take another perspective. From purely money point of view how is a business within disc golf to support the sport and sponsor and arrange events if they don't make money to share and give back to the sport and the winning players? Sponsorship 101.

Frank Delicious said:
AdvoCare's product "KickStart Spark" formula was targeted to youth age 4-11 containing 60 mg of Caffeine and came under scrutiny from pediatricians for the high dosage of this stimulant. AdvoCare no longer offers this product

7a7QS.png

Just gonna give my 4 year old 60 mg of caffeine because I AM A HORRIBLE PARENT.

lol, I dyed that image on a disc once ;)

Mike is no bogeyman. I've played many rounds with Mike and have known him since 2005 and he has done a ton of work for the promotion of Disc Golf and Charity work. As well as running a very successful point series in Colorado. He's a good guy. He had his booth set up at the 2011 CO State Championships and was giving away a case for an ace of this stuff.
Can you fault the guy for trying to make some money, selling products to a community he loves being a part of and giving him the financial freedoms we all want? I can't. Personally I'll never buy this product, I don't see the point in taking these supplements. You can achieve what these supplements claim do do with pure simple diet and exercise. But in a world of faster, quicker, NOW! if you have the drive to jump on board and sell these products to the sheeple, do it!

I will agree though, I find it a conflict of interest that a Member of the Board is benefiting monetarily from this new found sponsorship of the PDGA.

veganray said:
Raymond,

I want to first apologize for the typo in the article, which has now been
corrected on our website, the ID number should read 11019992. The AdvoCare
representative is Mike Kalous PDGA #17680. He can be reached directly at
970-456-8591, this is his personal cell phone number.

Perhaps I should have written the article differently. I mentioned Avery
Jenkins, because he put me in contact with Mike for this discount and I
wanted to make sure he was thanked for the introduction and that is all.
This is merely a discount I want to offer to our members. I am the new
membership manager for the PDGA and in doing research of other sports
organizations they offer discounts to various companies/stores/restaurants
as a benefit to being a member of their organization.

I am trying to find ways for our members to get as many benefits possible
for their membership fees. This is merely a discount (like offering someone
a coupon for a store). If you have any suggestions for member benefits or
know of any companies/stores/restaurants that might be interested in
offering a discount to our members, please let me know.

I hope I have answered your questions. Please let me know if you need
anything further. I also encourage you to contact Mike directly. Thank you.

Wishing you a bogey free day,

Sara Nicholson
PDGA Memberships Manager
Professional Disc Golf Association
kalous.jpg

Same issue, different enigmatic bogeyman…

Back in the old days players sold bags of leaf to supplement tour winnings, the pdga wouldn't sanction that.

Latest posts