• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] New Putter Prototype (Chief)

Attached are pics. sorry for sub par camera work. That is a black SSS wizard for comparison.

Attachments

• CAM00947[1].jpg
    CAM00947[1].jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 209
  • CAM00948[1].jpg
    CAM00948[1].jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 114
  • CAM00949[1].jpg
    CAM00949[1].jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 108
Sounds like it's very similar to an Envy. And with Gateway's sick plastic, this disc will be a hit.

Sounds like it's very similar to an Envy. And with Gateway's sick plastic, this disc will be a hit.

Jcassidy1990 bought my envy or I would have compared those two pic wise. I am sure he can do it for us. Hint Hint

They do throw similar, but of course the plastic is grippy goodness. I picked up this one which is chally SSS ish, and then another that was slick and S ish. I hope they make them in evo or platinum.

New Chief stamp from RDG ;)
I'll try to get an envy vs chief pic today.

The chief is def. more shallow than the envy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 133
Wish these were more LSS. Was hoping for a gateway disc to kick the zone out of the bag

Wish these were more LSS. Was hoping for a gateway disc to kick the zone out of the bag

Yeah, they beat in to nice and straight. Karma in putter form. If the get made in evo I would expect a tic more LSS.

I'm digging the flight on these so far but i'm not as happy with the depth. For my hands, these are borderline too shallow with the flat top they have. I will see how the LSS holds up as I get a little bit of wear on one of these but for now, I'm maybe sold as a replacement for my plenty of fade driving wizard.

it's pretty close; it felt more shallow in the hand to me due to the style of the shoulder. i used to throw breakers and i agree with the above poster; it almost felt too shallow.

Usually new disc releases don't interest me much but the Chief looks and sounds nice. I might have to try one but if it has turn to it then it probably won't replace my Zones. I think I don't want anything in between Wizards and Zones..

I got out and threw a few chief's today. They were flying straight at 240-270ft. When I powered them down to 160-220ft or thew them with more height, they faded back a bit more than my Wizards. The shallow rim just makes this disc a great driving putter. The Chief will stay in my bag and one Wizard will come out.

My Chief turns more and fades more than my Shaman. I was told that the Chief would be significantly more overstable in premium plastic, but as it is, I wouldn't really call it overstable at all. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the Chief, but I really enjoy the Shaman.

Latest posts