• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New putter

ProjectKyle

Has any one thrown the Anode Proton or anode Eclips from M.V.P? I am looking to buy a new putter. And the anode got my eye. Any feedback?

instead of telling you to search other Anode threads, far better advice is that you really need to feel them in person. The plastic is not somehting everyone likes

I've thrown both and I like them a lot. I think they glide well and go straight very consistently as a putter. My favorites are in the 170-172g range. Eclipse and regular fly the same.

If you click the link in my signature I've made a lot of videos showing what Anodes can do.

Has any one thrown the Anode Proton or anode Eclips from M.V.P? I am looking to buy a new putter. And the anode got my eye. Any feedback?

Welcome to the site!

I've thrown both and I like them a lot. I think they glide well and go straight very consistently as a putter. My favorites are in the 170-172g range. Eclipse and regular fly the same.

If you click the link in my signature I've made a lot of videos showing what Anodes can do.

This info is from the MVP expert on this site.
Heed his words!

Hello fellow Kyle. Like rube said, feel them. The plastic is not like anything you have felt before. I don't really like the feel but I haven't actually owned one.

I got an Anode from one of my buddies pretty cheap and I'm loving it! it glides well and holds its line. It helped my putting become much better than it was with the DX Aviar I was using.

I use a soft anode for putting and I love it, I came from the aviar P&A.

It's an interesting feel. I liked it, but i lost mine on a drive at a REALLY rough course. It is a very straight putter and comes out of the hand quite quickly.

If you get one, don't get something that is almost clear.

3861215248_ddfcd262e6.jpg

Anode vs. Ion

I say, if you're wanting to use it just for putting, the anode works great, but I prefer the ion for approaches and short drives. The ion is slightly more overstable, but just enough that it can still hold whatever line you put it on.

As far as the plastic goes, it seems more like actual "plastic" than say champion plastic. It flies well, but I don't know how well it would hold up to multiple impacts with trees on a heavily wooded course. That would only be a issue though if you're using it as a driver.

Latest posts