• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New shallow mids from Prodiscus

vesakai

CEO of Prodiscus
Happy to announce that we have made 2 new mids that are thinner than our previous mids Midari and Amulet.

Seems that the scene has changed and more lower mids and putters are coming out. Also some demant for these was coming from out Team Players.
So we decided to make PYRAMID and UNICORN.

These will be straight to stable mids and the other was already compared to Ledgestone Buzzz to give you some idea what is coming.
Both discs are sent to PDGA already and we hope to get those released soon.

...more testing coming from team players and we can give you more information after that.

Who do you think we should send these for disc review?

20231005_165035000_iOS.jpg
(picture has that Buzzz and new Pyramid sideby)

Last edited:
That's exciting news! So more similar to a Buzzz or Truth? Are they both beadless? I'll be honest, the only reason I don't throw the Midari is because it's too deep.

Would be cool to maybe see a DaddyDelp or DiscGolfWeekly review of them. They both seem to like Prodiscus.

They look nice! I am a fan of shallower mids and with the Buzzz and hex being so popular they will likely do well if they are similar.

My YT channel is small but I'd be happy to do a video on them if you would like.

Can't wait to get my hands on these! Forehanding mids is a big part of my game and the shallower mids definitely tend to handle the torque better. If they're anything like the Hex or Reactor we're in for a treat!

Eric Oakley does a great job of reviewing discs from a variety of brands, and he throws forehand and backhand, I think he'd be a great shout to showcase them!

Can't wait to get my hands on these! Forehanding mids is a big part of my game and the shallower mids definitely tend to handle the torque better. If they're anything like the Hex or Reactor we're in for a treat!

Eric Oakley does a great job of reviewing discs from a variety of brands, and he throws forehand and backhand, I think he'd be a great shout to showcase them!
Ooh, yeah! Oakley would be great! I'd even love to see the Foundation boys try them. They definitely have a big reach.

That's exciting news! So more similar to a Buzzz or Truth? Are they both beadless? I'll be honest, the only reason I don't throw the Midari is because it's too deep.

Would be cool to maybe see a DaddyDelp or DiscGolfWeekly review of them. They both seem to like Prodiscus.
I'll try to contact them and we'll see

Oh dang! This is unexpected but pleasant news! Love me some Prodiscus and love me some shallow discs!

I'm interested in them for sure, especially if they get released in Basic plastic since I really would like to have a grippy stable beadless mid, and I've never really liked X Buzzzes or Prime/Classic Truths, and idk of any other real options in that category that are widely available.

I'm interested in them for sure, especially if they get released in Basic plastic since I really would like to have a grippy stable beadless mid, and I've never really liked X Buzzzes or Prime/Classic Truths, and idk of any other real options in that category that are widely available.
I think they're much less common because they lose their integrity too quickly. Having a bead helps them keep their stability longer which I likely the though behind mainly seeing those in base plastics.

I think they're much less common because they lose their integrity too quickly. Having a bead helps them keep their stability longer which I likely the though behind mainly seeing those in base plastics.
Prodiscus basic plastic is more rubbery and it holds stability longer than other. our hard basic tho is not so good

I have both atm but havent thrown them yet. I think ill try to give them a shot next week and report how do they feel for me :) I dont throw much forehand becouse i got injured years ago but i can test it too.

Thats great to hear! I was throwing the Midari back in the day but it was too deep for me.

I would love to review them on my Yt channel Deuz Disc Golf :)

Here is that review i was promising about Unicorn and Pyramid.

Haven't been throwing for a while + it was cold + *enter excuse here* about my throwing but hopefully you can get somekind of general idea about these.

NOTE! I think that Unicorn and Pyramid might seem a bit more overstable in the video becouse i felt like i got really good release on these discs so maybe a tad bit less oat than on for example amulet.

Also got buzzz there for comparison

EDIT: see the video below on the next comment

Last edited:
Also, i think that the buzzz on the picture on first post might be BUZZZ OS

Latest posts