• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New to dyeing

xpsycotikx

Bogey Member
I planning on starting dyeing my discs very soon. I mostly just want to do some basic stuff to start. I have to very limited source of income and was wondering what are the basic necessities that i need to start dyeing my discs. I was thinking of just doing red and black and maybe orange dyes to start.

each box of dye roughly 3 bucks
contact paper couple bucks

thats the basic/ least cost way to go
dye mixed with water, need a pan, and storage for used dye
thats all ya need other than an idea and some time to do the cutting :)

Sorry for double post, but also wondering does the dye do anything to the pans you use to heat the dye in?

I wouldn't use them for food anymore. I picked up some old pans at a thrift store. You can also get pretty cheap ones at Big Lots.

tupperware is cool, any container though would work
a popcorn bowl sized container would let you reuse the dye inside of your storage container, so you wouldn't have to dirty a pan every time

i use the stove/pan to get the crystals to dissolve easier, not sure if its neccessary, thats what was recommended , thats what i did
when i reuse the dye, i just microwave till i see steam, then its warm enough to do a dip...

good luck

Thanks for all the advice guys. I hope to dye sometime this coming week and ill post my first dies asap :D

Latest posts