• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

new to the site. here's my bag.

coolhand

Par Member
first off, i am a rhbh dominant thrower. avg drive for distance is around 375-385. my forehand is getting good. max d around 330-350 on it now. really accurate 275 and in.

drivers:

174g xg boss-max d forehand shots
172g first run boss-max d headwind shots
168g pro katana-max d anny shots
172g first run star destroyer-max d, fairly beat in
171g huk lab star destroyer-max d tailwind
174g champ beast-straight to anny shots
173g esp avenger ss-hyzerflips in tight tunnels, 80% shots, annys
172g se valk-roller

fairway:

170g gummy champ monster-overhand shots
175g pro line monster-forehand shots and spike hyzers
176g first run stalker-everything else

mids:

180g z drone-windy days, forehand approaches
177g bar stamp z buzzz-go to mid
180g first run mako-super straight shots
178g cryztal z buzzz ss-hyzerflips, annys
175g first run spider-everything else

putters:

2 midnight challengers-putters
1 soft pro rhyno-driving duties, holds any line
1 gummy champ rhyno-stable driver

thats my arsenal. it is held by a gray revo carolina bag w/navy quads. let me know what you think.

Gray bag with navy quads? Ugh, somebody call the fashion police.

Just kiddin'.

You can probably replace those Monsters with one Z Pred or xXx.

By "everything else" do you mean that your Spider takes up unnecessary space in your bag probably?

Consider the Ion for a driving and approach putter, they're immaculate.

monsters and rhynos are staying man. had too many good shots with them. especially the rhyno. seasoned pro rhynos are money and if i could only take one disc to the course i think that would be it. the spider is sentimental. but i use it for some fh approaches or when i don't want to glide too far past a basket or whenever the mood hits i guess. i'm really set with my mids and putters. distance drivers is where i really go back and forth. some of those are in and out. i'm really loving destroyers lately though.

How do you like the Rhynos? I have always liked my DX, but after throwing some R-Pro Aviars/Omega SS's, my Rhyno feels like throwing a dinner plate...

I have wanted to try out the gummy/pro rhynos, but have never ran across someone with any to try.

drivers:
too many molds. Pick between the Boss and the Destroyer. they are essentially the same disc. If you want a more stable Destro get a fresh max weight Champ. I would also consolidate the Beast, Valk, and A-SS into one disc. a fresh lightweight Valk will do what the Beast and A-SS can do easily.

174g xg boss-max d forehand shots
172g first run boss-max d headwind shots
168g pro katana-max d anny shots
171g huk lab star destroyer-max d tailwind
173g esp avenger ss-hyzerflips in tight tunnels, 80% shots, annys
172g se valk-roller

fairway:

170g gummy champ monster-overhand shots
175g pro line monster-forehand shots and spike hyzers

mids:
since you use the Monster and a Rhyno you can drop the Drone. you can also drop the spider since it is an inferior buzzz.

180g first run mako-super straight shots
175g first run spider-everything else

putters:

thats my arsenal. it is held by a gray revo carolina bag w/navy quads. let me know what you think.

your Putters and "Fairway" drivers look fine. my comments on the rest are in magenta above

172g se valk-roller

putters:

I'd try something like that.

Why don't you drive with challengers?

Why don't you putt with Rhynos?

That ion has made it's way deep into your DG soul, huh?

It's the only disc that I haven't gotten tired of yet, they must be doing something right. :\

I still think having two monsters is pointless when you can have one Pred, Firebird, or xXx do the same job or better.

172g se valk-roller

putters:

I'd try something like that.

Why don't you drive with challengers?

Why don't you putt with Rhynos?

the challengers aren't as stable as the rhynos so i don't quite have the confidence driving with them. i do approach with them occassionally. and the rhynos are too stable to putt with them. for me.

thanks for the feedback guys. i feel like it's almost where i want it to be.

the challengers aren't as stable as the rhynos so i don't quite have the confidence driving with them. i do approach with them occassionally. and the rhynos are too stable to putt with them. for me.

I don't have any experience with Challengers, but maybe you should put yourself up to the challenge and learn to drive with them :p

I used to be a huge Rhyno fan, I understand why you like them. I think switching from the Rhyno to the Wizard was one of the best things I did for my game though.

When I went back and tried to putt with the Rhyno after using the Wizard for a few months, I kept hitting the front of the basket or going under it. Don't know how I putted with them for so long. Even for drives, which is where the Rhyno shines in my opinion, I got better distance with less effort using my Wizard. I liked the Rhyno because I could power it as much as I wanted without worrying about it turning over, but I found that was masking my crappy form and was making me throw harder than I needed to. With the glide of a domey putter I don't have to throw it as hard to get where I want to go, and that translates to greater control. Maybe you'll find some of this to be true for you? Maybe not.

Latest posts