• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Voodoo Karma arrived!

Yeah I fit 40 discs in mine and I could have fit more. It's nuts. I'm going to carry more like 20-22 tho. I bought a Juju for my daughter. That blue is REALLY dark in person. If I eventually get a Spinal Tap, I think I will be going either brown or green, leaning green at the moment.

Did you just order a green Karma in the last few days? They had a glitch w/their website that listed some products as available that weren't. The only color of Karma left when I ordered at Black Friday was purple and red. By now it's only purple. If you ordered a green in the last few days, give them a call.

Thanks for the heads up, I ended up getting a red one, and pretty excited to get some miles on it. Tons and tons of well designed storage, and impressively high build quality. I love that each big end pocket can fit 6+ discs/xl hoodie/4+ beers/etc., and that each cupholder can straight up swallow any nalgene-type bottle, 32oz gatorade, or even a fifth of bourbon. Disc storage is up to and including immense; I'll normally carry 22ish plus beer/gear, but stuffed full of just discs I can see fitting 35-40 using all the nooks and crannies.

I imagine the mesh end pockets will be handy for all kinds of uses, and since they are up off the ground I won't be nervous sticking a phone or bluetooth speaker there. I also like the "soft" attachment points for quads, the doubled-over strap material is heavy duty and the stitching is solid.

I would've liked a brown one but they've been out of stock for, well, forever, and red is just fine with me. It just so happens that I've had a red and black buzzz patch sitting around for a while that will look snazzy on the red bag, so there's that. Now I just have to wait for spring and true field testing.

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 69
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 53
  • end.jpg
    end.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 50
a couple other pix, for anyone doing research...

Attachments

• pocket.jpg
    pocket.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 50
  • anchors.jpg
    anchors.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 46
That's a great looking bag and I know the quality is top notch. I'm really curious. I'm old and have had 3 back blowouts. Fully loaded, how much does all of that weigh?

maybe 15-20 pounds fully loaded. and I'm talking with a full nalgene, a handful of beers and 22+ discs. it carries very nicely with quads, and the attachment points are far enough apart that it's pretty effortless to get off and on the shoulders.

man that thing looks sweet. I have a Grip but wish I had more storage. not sure the difference on my back. I would like to try one for a round and see.

man that thing looks sweet. I have a Grip but wish I had more storage. not sure the difference on my back. I would like to try one for a round and see.

I had a karma and it was heavy as hell when loaded up with 22 discs, water , towels, snacks etc. Im not super tall, 5'11, and the bag sat right on my ass and hips with quads and put a ton of stress on my lower back.

Dont get me wrong voodoo bags are great I just think the traditional tacklebox style disc bag isn't ergonomical. I have had a grip A for 2 months now and it is lightyears better in every category.

I have been using a Fade Tourney bag with Quad Shocks for the past year. I usually have 20-22 discs, water bottle, baseball, towels, ect. By the time I'm 1/2 to 2/3 through a round, its taking a toll. Again, I know age and physical condition play a factor, but I'm afraid I would be wishing I had a golf cart if I tried to carry any more. I didn't know if the Voodoo carried or distributed the load better to help this problem.

Once you start throwing water in a bag that thing will get heavy quick. I avoid that by wearing a Utilikilt and keep my water bottle in the side pocket of my back leg when I throw, so it doesn't mess w/my throw at all. I haven't invested in any quads yet, but I'm sure they would help spread the weight out a bit better.

Nothing will be as comfortable as a good backpack style bag, and I'd say the Golf Mahal is the easy winner in ergonomics. Dana Designs, er, Mystery Ranch, has been making top shelf expedition packs for years and it's hard to beat the comfort of a legit backpacking frame. No I don't own one, but I will someday, and yes they are pretty spendy, but I wore one loaded up with 30+ pounds of gear and it carried better than anything I've ever put half that weight in. My unsolicited two pennies.

My problem is that really I'm not all that good and the Karma was already pushing what I felt I should spend on a bag. Kind of like I wouldn't pay $2000 for a guitar, I don't feel I'm nearly that good. Give me a cheap Squier or Epi and I'm good :) Can't justify something like the Golf Mahal and honestly I like the look of things like the original Grip or Spinal Tap much better

I feel ya there, if the wife hadn't sprung for the karma I'd almost certainly still have just the fade crunch. It has since been converted to a plasti-dipped winter/muddy bag, and is working awesome for that. I'd like to find a used grip or other decent backpack in a year or two just to have options. And in the distant nonexistent future when I am rich and don't want to buy any more discs, I'll spring for the golf mahal.

Also, some decent padded quads will make a HUGE difference in carrying comfort.

I have a pair of the Voodoo quads and I love them. Super comfortable, and the padding is damn thick. I'd highly recommend them, even though they are more expensive than the competition.

And in the distant nonexistent future when I am rich and don't want to buy any more discs

Wait what!? 1) Not wanting to buy more discs? 2) Being able to afford all the discs you want and NOT buying them? :)

Wait what!? 1) Not wanting to buy more discs? 2) Being able to afford all the discs you want and NOT buying them? :)

correction, I meant that I would have already bought up every last bit of plastic I could locate. :D though in that future I'd like to think I'd spend some of those riches building a DG complex in the lower midwest. great, now I'm mad that fantasy isn't reality. thanks a lot disc golf!

Latest posts