• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Newbie - What type of plastic Buzzz should I get?

I'm a bit surprised no one is recommending FLX. I would start with a 168g FLX Buzzz for sure.

Out of the ones I have the FLX is a bit straighter while the Z is a bit on the stable side. Also the grip is way better especially if you're not used to throwing or if you also want to play in wet weather. Of course ESP would work as well if you want a stiff disc.

Fellow newbie here. Z BuzzzSS. It flies nice and straight, doesn't have much fade to learn how to deal with when you're starting out, and you CAN get turn from it with anny.

There are better discs to throw into the wind but you're not going to get blown way off-course or suddenly start making huge turns so that's ok. You can get one in yellow or pink that you'll never lose in the woods...and it's so durable you can stop worrying about trees and roads and stuff when you huck it.

And if you're building your bag, later you can add a stingray & shark and your mid needs are well covered.

I'm not a huge fan of Pro D, which I think is the worst base plastic on the market. May as well throw a disc made of silly putty.

But every other plastic Discraft makes is awesome. I recommend just a straight up Z or ESP, in whatever weight that feels good for you. Some Buzzzes can be very domey, which I don't like and don't think is as good as a flat one. There are plenty of board flat Buzzzes out there, so I'd get one of those.

Can't go wrong with FLX, which won't kick really hard off of trees. CryZtal is pretty and functional, and CryZtal FLX combines beauty and the lack of a hard tree kick you see with FLX.

I bag a worn ESP that I've been throwing for 3 years for a slightly understable Buzzz that I can hyzer flip and get to hold a low anny to the ground. I also bag a 10yr Buzzz that I've been throwing for a year, which is Z plastic. It's just now getting beat to dead straight, so I'm thinking of adding another Buzzz in the bag that has more fade. Or I'll just throw with more hyzer, which is probably what I'll actually do.

Buzzzes are great: you can't go wrong. Don't get an SS. A Buzzz is a straight disc with a predictable, late and not too aggressive fade. Pair the Buzzz with something more neutral or understable and you're midrange game is set.

If you getting a Buzzz get a Z for sure, since your new though a less OS mid might be better. A Chsmpion Roc3 is very similar without being quite as overstable.

I've never heard anyone say a Roc is less OS than a Buzzz. If anything, it's the exact opposite.

I know it's been said but a Z Buzzz is great but so is FLX.