• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

newer player looking for a new driver.

jmacphee9

i am looking for a new disc, but im not sure what i exactly want because i dont completely understand the terminology. i want a disc that as a RHBH thrower i can throw as a anhyzer, but then comes back for a nice s. my avenger ss used to do it when it was brand new, but now that its more broken in it will just stay in a slight annhyzer if i throw it that way and never come back..

so if someone could please tell me what i should be looking for that would be nice. like am i looking for a disc with alot of high speed turn or something like that. i dont completely understand them.

If you have thrown the avenger before I would suggest getting a new one in a tougher plastic ESP or Z is the toughest. The SS is going to be more stable so it won't come back as much as a regular avenger. I push the Surge as well, but it is a faster disc so if you have a slower throw than that's not for you.

i have a fast throw and, my avenger ss is a esp flx. not sure if that helps. i throw around 300 with a good s.

the thing with my avenger is i still like it alot, but i just cant get it to do an S any more. if i throw it with a slight hyzer or anny it carries that throough out the throw. if i throw it straight it stays straight, with a slight fade.

I would try the regular Avenger, unless you really want to try some other disc than I would suggest a surge for distance drives. What is the most overstable disc you have thrown?

Another Avenger SS?

This is why I carry duplicates (one to throw and one in new/like new condition for when my other one starts changing). Don't give up on your current SS either. It'll become a great disc once you learn how to adapt to it's change.

Adaven's right though. A Surge (if you're definitely looking for a new mold) is a great disc that should beat in to fly somewhat like your SS does when new (it'll probably still be more stable though). I can't say enough good things about my Surge though, so my opinion's a little skewed.

check out some millennium discs like the Qjls,polaris ,or orion LS, i listed those in speeds you should try first before trying the next . any of those discs will be able to handle any angle you wanna throw and are great new player(noobs) discs .

i do love my avenger still, and will still use it but i just want a disc that will do what it used to do lol.

also, lol dont know if this matters or not but im not a complete noob ha. i play 4-5 times a week on some pretty highly rated courses on the site:)

btw on this site noob(newb) isnt an insult its just a shorter way to describe a newer player so no harm meant and dont feel bad about being a noob one of the moderators is one.

Wraith or Destroyer enough said

Little too much speed for a n00b, isn't it?

Try an Archangel...I got one after a few months of playing, worked very well for me, it lets you get used to a bigger drive, before moving up to the really big boy drivers.

2nd the archangel...my longest throw ever is with one...and I still don't keep one in the bag like a dumbass.

i do love my avenger still, and will still use it but i just want a disc that will do what it used to do lol.

also, lol dont know if this matters or not but im not a complete noob ha. i play 4-5 times a week on some pretty highly rated courses on the site:)
How far do you throw and with what disc?

Some of the better discs to use to learn this type of shot are the Polaris LS, DX Cheetah and D Cyclone. If you learn ths shot really well with all of your discs, then you won't be dependent on one disc to get the flight you want.

Fu<k it. just get a force. haha

but serioulsy, if u can throw a force, u can throw anything. its how i learned. took me about a yr and alot of bad shots tho:)

Fu<k it. just get a force. haha

but serioulsy, if u can throw a force, u can throw anything. its how i learned. took me about a yr and alot of bad shots tho:)

that's not the way to learn to throw... mid ranges and understable discs imo. That's like handing a newbie a boss and say, "have fun!"

My sidewinder helped out my game a ton. I put a little anhyzer on it and it sails in a nice S curve. Not only does it go far, but it lands right in the middle of the fairway.

Maybe try a new Avenger in higher quality plastic so it doesn't crap out on you as fast.

I would recommend a flash for what you are wanting. The ESP ones seem to be the least stable. Your next best bet would be beast but I'm not a fan of them and the flash is a lot longer and a lot more useful as your game progresses.

I use a striker for the shot you discribed but it would most likely be more stable (go more left) then you want. I think an ESP flash would suit you well and might give you some extra distance. I like the Z flashes better but they are more stable then the ESP ones.

The first disc I really worked my S curve out on was a Banshee. Initially I had a 175 and that was way too heavy, so I picked up a 150. That would be my recommendation, get 2 Banshees...1 at 150 and another in the mid 160's.

Latest posts