• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Newly released discs that made your bag?

Any comparison of the fd2's in relation to tb vs tb3?

I never throw Teebirds, but in my limited experience with TB3s I'd say they are fairly similar. Good glide for a moderately stable disc. I just prefer the smooth rim of the FD2, especially for forehand shots.

If my Kong made the bag, it'd be replacing my X Cal. It's that beefy.

My Kong is the same, one of the most beefy driver I have ever tried, mine is poptop and very domey. If it wasn't that domey it could replace my Firebird.

I have heard people say a lot of nice things about it. I have given it a decent amount of tries and me and the disc just never clicks. I decided to sell!

I tried a flat Kong yesterday that a friend of mine just bought, I was ready to throw it as hard as I've ever thrown a disc. It actually crushed and went really far and got a nice S out of it. I couldn't believe it. However not really looking for a flat disc to be my distance driver.

"New releases" that I've gotten in my bag is PM zone and the DD3 who has a small dome. DD3 reminds me a lot of a Destroyer but it crushes on forehand. I can throw it slight hyzer and get it to flip to flat and it gives me little bit of turn and just fly really far. It basically matches my forehand shots where I go for distances with a OS Destroyer and that is on a flex line using a whole lot more width. That impresses me a lot.

Another disc that I really like but, I'm still not bagging is the Fuzion Raider. This basically always beat my Destroyers with around 30 feet. I tried it out a bit more yesterday and it was really impressive again. The issue I have with bagging it, I don't really need that extra distance as there is no courses around me with those open fields. I haven't tried it much on forehand yet.

Based upon the Trilogy challenge, Gatekeeper seems to be a lock. Vandal will get a try out on our main courses as soon as the Red River goes down.

My Kong is the same, one of the most beefy driver I have ever tried, mine is poptop and very domey. If it wasn't that domey it could replace my Firebird.

I have heard people say a lot of nice things about it. I have given it a decent amount of tries and me and the disc just never clicks. I decided to sell!

I tried a flat Kong yesterday that a friend of mine just bought, I was ready to throw it as hard as I've ever thrown a disc. It actually crushed and went really far and got a nice S out of it. I couldn't believe it. However not really looking for a flat disc to be my distance driver.

"New releases" that I've gotten in my bag is PM zone and the DD3 who has a small dome. DD3 reminds me a lot of a Destroyer but it crushes on forehand. I can throw it slight hyzer and get it to flip to flat and it gives me little bit of turn and just fly really far. It basically matches my forehand shots where I go for distances with a OS Destroyer and that is on a flex line using a whole lot more width. That impresses me a lot.

Another disc that I really like but, I'm still not bagging is the Fuzion Raider. This basically always beat my Destroyers with around 30 feet. I tried it out a bit more yesterday and it was really impressive again. The issue I have with bagging it, I don't really need that extra distance as there is no courses around me with those open fields. I haven't tried it much on forehand yet.

I agree that I don't look for flat discs to be main distance drivers. I want the dome and the glide that comes with it. My Kong is very domey and SUUUPPEERRR overstable. The thing isn't even fun to throw.

I also agree with the Raider. I threw one for the first time yesterday. Blows way past Destroyers for me. The Raider seems to glide and penetrate better (it is also a speed faster). It glides very well and has a much later fade than a Destroyer. I'm not going to bag the Raider at this time, but its a damn good mold, and I had a great first impression. It was a little straighter and more consistent than the Sheriff. The Raider didn't have all that high speed turn and S curves.

If my Kong made the bag, it'd be replacing my X Cal. It's that beefy.

I get a long drifting action that holds till late in flight and then a reliable fade at about 460' distance, its definitely a little domier than most that i saw at the shop but the PLH was not much different (glide shop madison that had like 40+ in stock)

Maybe I got one that was in between the domey and flat ones, i consider mine to have pretty normal dome, wouldnt call it flat at all but also wouldnt call it pop top or very domey either.

it literally flies exactly like i expect a speed 12 -1 turn, 3 fade disc to fly, again at 460' or longer distances.. when i power it down it just goes straight and starts to fade quickly

Last edited:
I'm trying out the Quake. I liked how it felt in my hand, although I already use a Verdict in that spot. I also have a Zone. This disc seems like a mix of the two.

Threw around the Quake yesterday and it is precisely what I thought. Closer to the length of a Verdict, with stability closer to a Zone. I think it's gonna make the bag. I'll probably take out the Verdict and keep a Zone in there, just in case

I like the flatter top Destroyers not the completely flat top Champion more the common lower dome height but very top is flat but then I have liked ESP more then Star so if that is the case I might get a Kong but if the New ESP is as slick as a slick stiff run of Z then nope.

FD2
Instinct
DD3

I need to do some field work to see if any will make my bag. The DD3 will only make my bag if it flies noticeably farther than my PD2s. I may end up bagging an Instinct or (Retooled) FD2. Just depends on how they fly compared to my FDs/PDs.

DD3 is doing work. Threw it yesterday a bunch and a lotnof them were superb shots. Great distance with control. Now I just have to shuffle other stuff around. Cant see myself getting rid of the glow PD2s but the Swirly DD that has been in try-outs since late 2017 may just have to concede defeat.

I've never been much of a prodigy fan (sans the proto x1's) but I picked up a H4V2 today and have absolutely loved. It's like a tad less stable Thunderbird with a bit more glide. :thmbup:

Anybody on the Flare train yet? Those suckers are like FAF Firebirds without the X notch. Amazing looking cosmic plastic too.
I'm a fan.
yes. very nice looking & grippy plastic (cosmic). overstable! they don't fly quite as far as my manbirds (like 20ft shorter); maybe after some wear they'll go further. might try a lighter one if i can find it.