• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Next Driver Recommendation

jaciche

Currently my main distance drivers from most understable to stable are:

167g Tournament Sorcerer-longest disc put turns and burns sometimes
170g Champion Tern-first run and domey so more stable but I can get it to go pretty far on the right release angle
175g Champion PFN Wraith-most stable and throw it more on the windy days. Always finishes left.

I took out a 172g gstar beast because if would turn over all time time.

Can you give a suggestion on what disc to try next for max distance that will finish straight ahead? I like the rim depth of the wraith, not so much the tern. I am thinking about a new heavier sorcerer or buying a gold line flow. Another thought is a lighter star wraith. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

Get a teebird and a sidewinder. When you can get the teebird 400'.. step up to bigger drivers

I was going to recommend the TeeBird, but dekdo beat me to it. I still recommend it. I'm just not original.

I sold my champ max weight sidewinder a long time ago because it always finished to the right. I could throw it over 400, i just prefer to throw forehand shots for when i want discs to finish to the right. My 175g echo star teebird can go about 350 currently. I did find a worn DX teebird a couple years ago that I could throw a country mile with less than max effort. I took it out because it got too worn, good roller now. I think I could throw my echo star TB 400' if I can be skilled at the power grip.

Last edited:
If you like the Sorcerer but need a little more stability the King might do well for you.

I throw VIP Kings about 425 and have never thrown anothe diac that I can get out that far and accurately BH.

Nope, I never liked the top of them. I have thrown an archon, didnt like the feel in my hand, and the krait seems to have that similar top with odd geometry.

I only said that because I used to use Wraiths myself, and I found the Krait was like my old Wraiths but without such a dramatic fade.

Maybe a small bit of turn if you really lay into it.

Though I am speaking exclusively about Champ Kraits here, I have never thrown a Gstar Krait but expect it to be more US

Avery birds are pretty new, Avery used to have the Destroyer as his signature disc but McBeth wanted it so now Paul has the Destroyer and Jenkins has the teebird. I'm unsure about the stability on them compared to other Teebirds though

they should be the same as the ones without his stamp

If you wanna try a 166 star tl let me know via pm. I have one I'd let go of. It is in the absolutely dead straight stage of life at 320 feet of power.

I'd try a Gstar Destroyer if you like Wraith rim feel. They are mellow and bomb.

I'm all for throwing properly, but not throwing big drivers until 400' teebird shots is crazy. Like 1% of golfers can do that. Maybe.

I can only do that in a tailwind with a very mellow Teebird, and I get tons of use out of speed 12+ stuff still, on proper and consistent lines.

I have a max weight star tl. It flips up and goes straight. Im waiting for it to beat in too much and kick it out of the bag. I can throw my mids almost as far and I have more control with those.

Also, for what you're looking for, I cant recommend an Axiom Crave enough. LNG for a speed 7 and one of the easiest discs to throw straight I carry.

Try a dx thunderbird.

Great suggestion IMO, that thing is super stable for my (noodle) arm. There's no high speed turn and a slightly dumpy fade. It doesn't glide out super far on the fade, it kind of drops to the ground instead