• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

Two questions:

First, what is the best way to embed an image on this forum? The 3 different ways I've tried have all failed.

Second, I search ponds and creeks at any course I play, and end up with a lot of lost discs. I am not a PDGA member, but is there a way for me to find the contact info of someone who wrote their PDGA # on a disc but nothing else?

Two questions:

First, what is the best way to embed an image on this forum? The 3 different ways I've tried have all failed.

Second, I search ponds and creeks at any course I play, and end up with a lot of lost discs. I am not a PDGA member, but is there a way for me to find the contact info of someone who wrote their PDGA # on a disc but nothing else?

1. I usually just copy the image url and paste it inside the
brackets. :\
2. That's tough. You can look up their name/number via PDGA website here. If they're current, you can usually get an idea of where they live and their name so you can at least hunt them down via their local courses' message boards or ask regulars around their local course. If they're not current, you might have to do some Google sleuthing to try and dig up an archived page of tourney results or something to figure out their name/geographic region.

Generally though, people that don't put much info on a disc do not expect to get their disc returned and just mark them with their number like that b/c by the rule you have to mark your disc with an identifying mark. So if it's a lot of trouble, I just wouldn't worry about it.

In a tournament what is the difference between pro & amateur?

Anyone can play Pro / Open, which pays out in cash. Am divisions pay out in merchandise - They're also cheaper to play and more competitive for lower level players.

Alright so how is an ace race typically designed with regards to the course? By that I mean do you shoot from the tee pad on all holes or do they set alternate tee pads? I can only reach a handful of greens with the drive. I was just curious because my local course was hosting one and it looks like a cool thing to sign up for.

Alright so how is an ace race typically designed with regards to the course? By that I mean do you shoot from the tee pad on all holes or do they set alternate tee pads? I can only reach a handful of greens with the drive. I was just curious because my local course was hosting one and it looks like a cool thing to sign up for.

the holes are shortened to 100-200 feet or so.

Bottom or inside rim on a disc where there is raised lettering identifies specific stuff such as patent number: mold company and can help determine when a disc was made or anything special unique about it etc.. basically it's the discs ID and think of the stamp like its picture

here's one that has been baffling me.

i've searched all over my CP for a way to edit how many courses i've played and i can't find it for my freaking life. i see my "about me" page and there are little pencils that let me edit values for certain fields, but none by my "courses played".

here's one that has been baffling me.

i've searched all over my CP for a way to edit how many courses i've played and i can't find it for my freaking life. i see my "about me" page and there are little pencils that let me edit values for certain fields, but none by my "courses played".

Each course page has a button to mark that course as played. The "courses played" in your profile is a count of how many courses you have marked as played.

Latest posts