• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

When people set up a photo shoot in #6 fairway because they don't know there's a disc course there, do you:

attempt to get them to move
throw way around them knowing you're going to lose a stroke
skip the hole?

I'll do all three depending on the situation. I usually yell from the tee to watch out, if they don't hear me I'll walk over and let them know that I'm about to send a disc flying through there and if it's a serious throng of people or equipment I'll throw way around them if feasible or just skip it.

I would do as BrotherDave said. Probably first skip the hole and come back if it looks like they are temporary. I had a kids soccer game set up on my first hole a few weeks ago. waited until they were on the other end of the field and then threw.

I'm assuming they are in a public park, right? They have the right to be there also, so I'd probably skip the hole. If they were just arriving, I might wave that I'm throwing. Either way I'd warn them of the danger of being in the fairway.

It is, but no, they really don't have a right to be right there. There are plenty of other spaces available. That area really needs warning signs.

I have found that the verbal warning of discs headed your way does nothing. The sport is new here, and people have no idea what I'm talking about.

Pure'd a drive...

What exactly does that mean?

Is Jolly Launcher now the stock champion? (Ie are there jolly launcher wraiths, firebirds, etc?)

Last edited:
When people set up a photo shoot in #6 fairway because they don't know there's a disc course there, do you:

attempt to get them to move
throw way around them knowing you're going to lose a stroke
skip the hole?

I'd take my 175 gram Boss and aim for their heads. That might teach them a lesson.

Pure'd a drive...

What exactly does that mean?

Is Jolly Launcher now the stock champion? (Ie are there jolly launcher wraiths, firebirds, etc?)

It usually means that your shot went straight through some type of gap.

Jolly launcher might be a new plastic blend, but it's also a marketing ploy...don't get duped.

I have been playing for a little over a year now, I usually play solo and when I play with a friend it is usually very casual, I myself want to improve my game and actually compete.

I have 3 drivers I use and can't seem to get the distance I want. I was just wondering if I am using the completely wrong drivers? They are
Blizzard Wraith, DX Wraith and, Nuke SS. Any suggestions would be great:)

I have been playing for a little over a year now, I usually play solo and when I play with a friend it is usually very casual, I myself want to improve my game and actually compete.

I have 3 drivers I use and can't seem to get the distance I want. I was just wondering if I am using the completely wrong drivers? They are

How far are you throwing those discs?

Around 150 feet

Grab a slightly overstable/stable mid (buzz, roc, ghost, mace, shark) and a putter that feels good in the hand, and play rounds with only those 2 discs. At the power and technique level you are currently at, drivers will do nothing but slow down your progress.

Grab a slightly overstable/stable mid (buzz, roc, ghost, mace, shark) and a putter that feels good in the hand, and play rounds with only those 2 discs. At the power and technique level you are currently at, drivers will do nothing but slow down your progress.

I have a roc and a zombee. I will definitely be using these alot more.

Thank you, much appreciated:)

I have no Experience.. with the Roc3, But I agree with the Buzz recommendation, don't think you'll go wrong with that..

Also if your getting 150ft with your drivers.. there probably to fast for ya now.. The slower Mids will probably go further..

Keep your drivers though.. I'm a relative newbie and my favorite driver is currently a leopard its a slower speed driver, You mentioned you have a Wraith. I do too.. its my go to driver ONLY when I throw Sidearm/RHFH.. If you haven't tried sidearm you might want to check it out.. doesn't seem to require the same power a backhand shot needs, and it also ends fading to the Right..

Check out the info in this forum as it relates to your bag and feel free to start a thread of your own based on the sticky.

From there, you'll probably be well-advised to start another thread in the technique forum as in many cases, it's not a problem with the arrow but the archer.

I have no Experience.. with the Roc3, But I agree with the Buzz recommendation, don't think you'll go wrong with that..

Also if your getting 150ft with your drivers.. there probably to fast for ya now.. The slower Mids will probably go further..

Keep your drivers though.. I'm a relative newbie and my favorite driver is currently a leopard its a slower speed driver, You mentioned you have a Wraith. I do too.. its my go to driver ONLY when I throw Sidearm/RHFH.. If you haven't tried sidearm you might want to check it out.. doesn't seem to require the same power a backhand shot needs, and it also ends fading to the Right..

I started 4 months ago and went right to the speed 12/13 discs, I can now reach out to 400' regularly with them so it took me awhile to learn to throw those. On the advice of someone here a couple weeks ago I picked up a much slower fairway driver... Latitude 64's River and I'll be damned if I don't have just as much reach or more and far more accuracy with that than I do my Nukes.

Latest posts