• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noodle-arm back to full Gyro

Jouni

Birdie Member
I used to have full MVP bag back in 2014-2015, but then spend some years of playing around with all kinds of discs. I now decided to go back to full Gyro just for fun, as my trustworthy G-PD became to too beat up, and all other discs are pretty easily replaceable.

My max (backhand) distance is around 100 meters but typical drives are around in 80-90 meters, where I can get pretty much with all drivers with 6+ speed (Leo3, beat G-PD, Fission Tesla, Inertia, Crave etc...). With putters (XT Colt, Atom) max distance is around 70 meters or so, so not much difference, and that is also one reason why I don't bag midranges. Forehand I can flick putter approaches, don't really know distances, maybe 30 meters, and for drivers not much more, maybe 50 meters (won't turn over or flutter or anything, just wont go far...)

So, this is my current plan:
Electron Firm Atom (174g) for putting and approach shots.
Neutron Atom (174g) for straight or turnover drives off the tee (<75m or so).
N Particle (175g) for more fading drives and approaches, or in more windier conditions.
N Resistor (175g, somewhat beat in), for heavy winds, big fade, skip shots, goes maybe 70 meters, if Particle isn't overstable enough...
N Relay (175g) for big turnovers, this is really understable...
N Crave (169g, beat) and Proton Crave (175g, quite new), goto drivers, slight turn and fade.
Fission Tesla (166g), "max distance", won't turn over in calm condtions, reliable but not huge fade. With a good throw goes maybe 10 meters farther than Craves.
N Inertia (168g), as Tesla but more lateral movement, does not always fade back.
N Wave (155g), very very understable, rollers and uphill shots.

I haven't used this bag yet, but the plan is to use mostly Atoms and Craves, and in some open shots go to Tesla or Inertia if there really is some benefit of getting few extra meters. Others are mostly for special shots.

This post is mostly for myself to keep track of my bag, but obviously all comments and suggestions are very welcome.

Looks like a really solid bag. If you find some holes, fill them accordingly, but what you have so far should be good to go. :thmbup:

My Relay is actually 169g and unrealiably flippy for me, so I ditched it and ordered a max weight Switch for (hopefully) slowly turning drives and dead straight hyzerflips etc., basically allowing me to reduce the use of Inertia to some occasional open field max distance shots (which don't exist in nearby courses).

I also picked up a 175g Proton Clash as well. Probably won't keep both Crave and Clash in the bag as they are pretty similar though, have to test more. Crave is very nice but bit "too straight", as they tend to flip to flat accidentally sometimes, so I think Clash+Switch combo could be easier to handle.

I have probably last PDGA tournament (I will be playing in MA3) of this season next Sunday at my home course with heavily altered layout. Distance-wise I won't have too many birdie opportunities, just have to avoid trees and make my putts in order to avoid bogeys. I will be throwing Clash/Crave and perhaps Switch (let's see how it feels when I get it tomorrow) in most of the tee shots, and relying on my Electron Atom in approach shots. Feeling good.

Latest posts