• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

North Dakota and possibly Minnesota

roadtrip

Par Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Need 3 states to hit all 50. North Dakota is on the list. Trying to plan a trip this summer.

Seems the best bet is flying to Minneapolis (from NC) nonstop on a Friday. Then driving round-trip Saturday to Fargo and playing one of their courses. 3.5 hours each way, yuck. Then playing all day in Minnesota Sunday until I fly back that night.

My questions - Anyone know of a must-play course in ND?
Anyone recommend a current must-play in Fargo (Iwen North has the best grade but it only has four reviews, the most recent coming about a year ago)?
Anyone know of anything in ND worth more than a quick trip?
Anyone recommend courses between Minneapolis and ND?

Need 3 states to hit all 50. North Dakota is on the list. Trying to plan a trip this summer.

Seems the best bet is flying to Minneapolis (from NC) nonstop on a Friday. Then driving round-trip Saturday to Fargo and playing one of their courses. 3.5 hours each way, yuck. Then playing all day in Minnesota Sunday until I fly back that night.

My questions - Anyone know of a must-play course in ND?
Anyone recommend a current must-play in Fargo (Iwen North has the best grade but it only has four reviews, the most recent coming about a year ago)?
Anyone know of anything in ND worth more than a quick trip?
Anyone recommend courses between Minneapolis and ND?

You have several above average to great courses to pick from on the I94 corridor, especially just before or just after Saint Cloud.

Fargo and Grand Forks courses aren't anything special IMO. The better courses are in Bismarck, Mandan, and Dickinson if you can make it that far West. In Bismarck hit up General Sibley, in Mandan hit up Sunset, and in Dickinson hit up Paterson Lake. All are championship level courses, and ND states has been held at those courses in the past for a reason...they don't have championship level golf courses in the eastern part of ND. In Minnesota, gotta play BRP and Visionquest. Maybe a few others around the Twin Cities but BRP and VQ are must plays.

Latest posts