• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Northeast meet up poll

Northeast

• Leicester, MA (Maple Hill and Pyramids)

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Norwalk, CT (Cranbury Park)

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Auburn, ME (Dragan Field and Campbell Highlands)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newport, NH (Pinnacle)

• Warwick, NY (Brakewell Steel both courses)

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Montgomery, VT (Black Falls)

• Marshallton, DE (Carousel Park)

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Newtown, PA (Tyler State Park)

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Gaithersburg, MD (Senaca Creek State Park)

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
Doesn't look like it. Does anyone know Morgan from Hyzer Creek? I know Allentown and/or Warwick is more central but Hyzer Creek is private and he might be willing to allow campers. I know he's on here. He was posting about Hyzer Creek being for sale on ebay last year.

I think having the meetups at private courses is ideal so the option for at-course camping might be available.

I will second this motion. great idea.

Not to stir the pot, buuuuuut...

The fact that I live in the Lehigh Valley notwithstanding, even though Tyler State Park is frequently listed on the DGCR top 10 list, Allentown, PA might make a better choice for a few reasons.

1 - Access. Tyler isn't accessible by any major thoroughfare and the roads that lead there can get congested. Allentown is accessible by several major highways and interstates.

2 - Courses. There aren't any other courses that are conveniently located anywhere near Tyler. Allentown has two former PDGA stops located less than 15 minutes apart:

Little Lehigh Parkway
Jordan Creek

If you search the Course Map for zip code 18018, there are another three 18-hole courses within 20 minutes of the two aforementioned courses. Go out another 30-45 minutes and you've got another half dozen 18-hole courses including the new Skyline Park, Nockamixon State Park, and Tinicum State Park.

3 - Accommodations. I'm fairly certain that there is ample camping in the Lehigh Valley as well as tons of options as far as hotels go. Given its location, Tyler doesn't have a ton of accommodations available. Hell, if you don't mind a screaming baby and an annoying dog (that does not go disc golfing with me), I could make room for a few tents in my back yard :)

All that being said, I voted for Warwick, NY due to it's more central location. Even though Tyler and Allentown are closer to me, Warwick would be a few hours closer to the New England folks. Regardless, I'd be up for anywhere. Thanks to everyone for getting this ball rolling.

Allentown is certainly wonderful. I just think a private course is ideal so people can camp.