• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Northman

I had an early run ice blue VIP Northman, old stamp. More stable than most, had a high dome. Did sweeping hyzers and flex drives beautifully. It would only turn a lot into a headwind. Being VIP it never got beat in much.

If the Escape isn't what I am looking for, I may go back to the Northman. My Only issue with the Northman's regardless of plastic, is they seem to go Understable fairly quickly compared to anything else from Trilogy, that I have thrown. I have had VIP and Tournament Plastic Northman's go Uber Flippy in a month. Seems Strange to me.

I just lost mine, didn't have it for a long time though. But I will order another one - if that says anything... It is in the Saint, Escape,Striker category. I guess it is picking the one you like best.

Anybody still throwing the Northman?

All the time. Probably my favorite driver as it fits my throwing style very well. Just a little hyzer gets a nice left hook with almost as much distance as any other driver I throw. I've had mine for several months and it's getting a little beat in, but I don't find it turning into an understable disc at all.

I even use it sometimes on a second shot if I need to make up a lot of ground. I find it to be quite accurate if there is enough room for a left hook.

Got a chance to throw a Northman for the first time. 175g Opto. Had pretty sharp flashing on it so I removed that. This disc flies like a beat SW. Once again Westside seems to underestimate the turn. Gonna keep throwing it, Right now I'd say -3 turn and 1 fade. Might be a good hyzerflip machine. Need to throw it some more. Reminds me of an Escape.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't removing the flashing make it more understable?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't removing the flashing make it more understable?

Yep. Got a chance this morning to toss it some more, Actually makes an incredible hyzerflip to straight driver. Was expecting it to fade out but the thing just kept going. Thumbs up! :thmbup:

Found an unmarked VIP Northman on the course recently and just tossed it in my practice bag. Seems like a longer Eagle-L to me, not a bad disc at all. I prefer the fade on the PD/Orc, though.

Found an unmarked VIP Northman on the course recently and just tossed it in my practice bag. Seems like a longer Eagle-L to me, not a bad disc at all. I prefer the fade on the PD/Orc, though.

I found a whatever-they-call-champ-plastic one. No name. Super pretty. 9/10 (still covered in flashing). Found it WAY left on a long drive hole, so assumed it would have some beef. Ripped it flat. It went WAY right. I have no need for this flip machine.

I found a whatever-they-call-champ-plastic one. No name. Super pretty. 9/10 (still covered in flashing). Found it WAY left on a long drive hole, so assumed it would have some beef. Ripped it flat. It went WAY right. I have no need for this flip machine.

Try hyzerflipping it or better yet, send it to me. Mine is pretty stupid flippy until I hyzerflipped it, then it went about head high dead straight for 330'.

Maybe it was thrown by a lefty.

Threw a great round with the Northman today - nice and straight off the tee with fade, similar to a Stag really. or an Escape, or a fresh heavy Saint. Mine is 172 TP, wonder what a 175 opto would fly like.

Solid, underrated disc the Northman, or Pohjan Poika as mine is stamped.

It really is like a longer Eagle L, as the Northman is very similar to an SL.