• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ohio Disc Golf stores

Puckstopper

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Hey all, inspired by this thread: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80079I thought it might be useful to compile a list of stores around Ohio. I know there are discs available at Dicks and other sporting goods stores in every major city, but I'd like to get a list of smaller retailers in those big cities, and also some retailers in out of the way corners of the state where it might not be obvious to an out of towner where to look.

I'll kick it off with what I know in the Central Ohio area.

1. Disc Golf Mart is one mile south of the Griggs Reservoir course on Riverside Dr. They are the gold standard in the Columbus area, carrying discs from almost every manufacturer out there. They also have a nice selection of baskets, bags, and other miscellaneous stuff for the game.

2. Play it Again in Westerville is in the process of improving their selection of discs. They have some recycled GL discs for 11 bucks and are carrying MVP, Discraft, Innova and the usual selection of used stuff as well.

3. BP/Duke and Duchess on the corner of Sunbury Rd. and Central College Rd, right near the Brett Hambrick Memorial/Hoover course has a basic selection of Innova and Discraft. About a 50/50 mix of basic and premium plastic, at slightly higher than normal prices.

4. Cheshire Market is about 1.5 miles north of the Players Course at Alum Creek Reservoir. They have a selection of Innova and Discraft discs that looks like it hasn't been replenished in years. They have most of the basic Innova molds, but their Discraft selection is poor to say the least. Also, their prices are higher than anywhere else I've looked around Columbus.

I've been in all four stores within the last month, so my information should be current as far as what they have in stock. Let's get info from the rest of Ohio so it's easier to find replacement plastic when we're not in our home towns!

The Camping Office at Mosquito Lake State Park in Cortland, OH has a pretty good selection of Discraft and Innova discs and bags (only 2 shelving units - about 10 shelves). I visit them almost every time I go play to see if they have anything in my throwing range.

Camping offices at Finley and East Harbor SP. EH is all Innova, Finley last I saw had only DX Rocs.

PIAS in Toledo stocks Innova, DC, Lat64 and Quest

The Shed (local head shop, 3 locations) stocks Innova and Discmania.

-edit- Delaware SP also has a rack or 2 of Innova.

Hazy Shade in Dayton is a great store. They let you putt for a discount on each premium disc you buy. Seemed like good guys.

The PIAS in the Tri-County area of Cincinnati has a decent selection. Mostly Innova and Discraft, but I did find a couple of Evo Wizards for under $10 each.

I know there's a pro shop at Mt. Airy in Cincinnati as well, but I have not been to it.

Hazy Shade in Dayton is a great store. They let you putt for a discount on each premium disc you buy. Seemed like good guys.

The PIAS in the Tri-County area of Cincinnati has a decent selection. Mostly Innova and Discraft, but I did find a couple of Evo Wizards for under $10 each.

I know there's a pro shop at Mt. Airy in Cincinnati as well, but I have not been to it.

The PIAS has expanded to include Gateway, Discmania, Lat/Westside/DD, Lightning, and MVP. They overprice their discs though. There's also Sweet-Tees in Fairfield that carries Innova, Discraft, and Lightning. If we're talking the Greater Cincinnati area, there's also Disc N Dat off the Turfway exit close to Lincoln Ridge and Idlewild. All three DG-specific store owners (ST, Airy, DnD) do a lot for the sport in the area and are great guys.

Hazy Shade is my local store. They're located in the Belmot region of Dayton literally a minute from Belmont DGC. They have an amazing assortment of discs from all the major manufacturers (and some not so major ones). Yes, they have a putting area where you can try out discs or just come in to practice. During the winter, they hold a weekly putting league. They are currently in the process of moving to a larger location just down the road. I'm told the new putting area will be as big as the current location's entire showroom.

I've been to the pro shop at Mt Airy a couple of times. It's called The Nati an it's small but they have an impressive selection for their size. Plus the building is beautiful. Some sort of old style cottage (I know nothing about architecture). Their added outdoor amenities are great - a large net for driving practice, a large putting area, and a second practice basket for upshots. And you can't beat the fact that its directly on the Mt. Airy course, one of the most beautifully maintained courses I've had the pleasure to play.

Hazy Shade is absolutely amazing. Period.

The Nati is great as well. Support both to the fullest.

Latest posts