• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ohio Disc Golfer Died Playing?

Sorry, but as someone who also has beesting allergies, that would be absolutely NO consolation to me whatsoever. While I do enjoy playing this game there is no way I'd give my life for it. I might not mind passing on the ice, but I'd much rather die in my sleep. The feeling you get when you're stung (when you have allergies at least) is one of the scariest on earth, and you have WAY too much time to know what's happening for that to be a good way to go.

Regardless, I'll be keeping my eye out for bene information as well, and will be using this as a reminder to do a better job about keeping my EpiPen in my bag also.
really? nice, I have come inches away from a beesting as well and know all too well what was happening. At least he was not at work or something else is all i was saying, good chance he was with people he enjoyed as well. i would not wish this on my worst enemy.

Really? Nice, I have come inches away from a beesting as well, and know all too well what was happening. At least he was not at work or something else is all I was saying. At least there was a good chance he was with people he enjoyed as well. I would not wish this on my worst enemy.
Wow oversensitive much? Who lit the fuse on your tampon? My only point is that it doesn't matter how you go. Unless it's of old age, of natural causes and in your bed (or that of a particularly frisky lady friend) , it's a damn tragedy. So please, relax a little there big guy.:|

Last edited:
Quote: relax? big guy? i passed my condolences along and you just had to comment.

very sorry for the derail here, i just cannot believe a comment like that was in this thread. sorry everyone. Quote

Show some respect and take it to pm's.

Please do this....

Last edited:
Very sad situation.

We are such a small communuity, when something like this happens it may not affect you directly, but people you know are affected.

Thoughts and prayers to friends and family during this tough time.

That's a tragic story. But if he went down after only 15 agonizing minutes he didn't suffer for very long.

Rounding 60 in a couple weeks and if I could choose a way to go it would either be out playing disc golf or fishing.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Show some respect and take it to pm's.

3rd ^this emotion. This thread is no place for petty bickering. :thmbdown:

My sincerest condolences to the family and friends. :( Let this be a reminder that all of our times here are fleeting, and to make the most of what we have while we have it.

Please give my condolences to the family. Will there be some kind of donation fund set up where if those of us who can't play in the charity event want to donate money to the cause can do so?

my buddy knows the family very well, posted it on his facebook page yesterday. Such a bummer.

Wow. I've played a few tourneys with him and he was a solid player as well as a good guy.

R.I.P.

Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present

Enjoy this gift you've been given because you never know when it's time to go

Hard to read this and not say a few kind words. I will say I didn't know Stoney very well personally but spent a lot of time around him in tourneys and scrambles in the past 2 years. He was always a pleasure to be around. Always had a smile on his face, a very approachable person, being a top player from the area, he was always very kind and offered advice whenever he could. I say I really didn't know him very well personally but I feel as though I did because that was the type of guy he was. It was very evident by the way he handled himself as a player and a father on the course, someone you could truly look at from across the room with respect. Rest In Peace.

Stoney will sadly be missed but not forgotten,he left behind a lovely wife,and a fine young son. I send my condolences to his family.