• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

OKTHROWBERFEST X -- VOTING POLL

Pick your 2 (TWO) Favorites

• Total voters

Noill

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
bbd529b30bca197963e6c3fd2285cbd3.png

---- DGCourseReview's 10th Annual Okthrowberfest ----

Vote for your 2 (TWO) favorite entries...
YOU determine the winners!!!

---- Poll ends Friday Okthrowber Novthrowber 16th at the stroke of midnight (EST) ----
---- Winners announced on Friday November 16... technically, Thursday is the last day of voting ;) ----

Thanks for your votes!​

Check out this sharpie art submission! Big_Justin gets the sharpie art prize by default! :)
Venom
attachment.php

Interesting that it's on the underside... pretty cool!

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_​

Prize Table is HUGE this year!!!
Submissions are a little low... lazy dyers... heh. This means that the payout is going all the way into the field. Every dyer will get a crack at the prize table!

• 1 Martin Dewgarita original wood turned disc (OKTHROWBERFEST X Winner gets it ;))
  • 50+ discs
  • 8 t-shirts (dri fit, cotton, and long sleeve)
  • 2 hats
  • Several towels
  • 1 Double NutSac
  • 5 Crocheted Pint Cosies
  • Stickers
  • ...and a few other odds and bits :thmbup:

Attachments

• Member201s.jpg
    Member201s.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 702
Last edited:
Meet Gourdo
attachment.php

Oh No Glenn
attachment.php

Attachments

• Member101s.jpg
    Member101s.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 437
  • Member103s.jpg
    Member103s.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 430
The Headless Seahorseman
attachment.php

Stranger Danger
attachment.php

Attachments

• Member105s.jpg
    Member105s.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 442
  • Member107cs.jpg
    Member107cs.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 434
Spooks from Alola
attachment.php

King of OZ
attachment.php

Attachments

• Member108s.jpg
    Member108s.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 435
  • Member109s.jpg
    Member109s.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 434
This Is My BOOM!! Stick
attachment.php

Pretty Princess
attachment.php

Attachments

• Member113s.jpg
    Member113s.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 423
  • Member110s.jpg
    Member110s.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 427
  • pumpkingold5.png
    pumpkingold5.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Limited number of entries this year but dang there's some quality in the pool, nice work to those who submitted!

I'm not a big Spongebob fan, but damn if that isn't some skilled artwork.

And after all the past year's amazing art and working 70+ hours a week since May, I was intimidated and out of time for any dyeing, Roggen. Sorry my crap fiestas couldn't garnish the pages of Okthrowberfest 2018. :D

I'm not a big Spongebob fan, but damn if that isn't some skilled artwork.

And after all the past year's amazing art and working 70+ hours a week since May, I was intimidated and out of time for any dyeing, Roggen. Sorry my crap fiestas couldn't garnish the pages of Okthrowberfest 2018. :D

I know how it goes. I almost didn't have time or motivation...due partially to the super low turnout last year.

It's way more fun when the vote spread is more even. And having enough entries to give everyone 3 votes helps that. Instead of how this is starting off with 3 of the 8 getting practically all the votes, and the rest sitting at 0 or 1.

My first Okthrowberfest was 2014 and there were 43 entries! And alot of the "elite" dyers that I was looking up to and attempting to learn from on here like DyeingToPlay, Rob Edwards, Bennett, Odyssey, Hurricane, Eky8, and many more that I am forgetting....

I think that if this was my first one, I wouldn't be super excited to do it again next year....:\
Except that the payout will be pretty great with only 8 entries...:)

Last edited:
I enjoy the art and voted. It would be cool to have more entries. They're ALL way more that what I could ever do. :clap:

Yep, I'm happy we got to ten!
Sooo happy the dyers are all being so rewarded too. For those that just barely decided to do it... Good choice! :D

I wanna see a pic of the prize table.

That is coming soon.
I'm pretty happy with it. I'm looking at the crocheted pint cosies now... They just came in yesterday. Really nice. The top five will get one.

2nd was a tough choice between King of OZ and Pretty Princess. I really liked the colors on OZ but the additional detail of putting oozing pumpkin innards put PP over the top IMO.

Definitely... I had a hard time voting too....but, I went with Boom Stick for one because I liked the simple design and lack of outlines... Plus, what a cool thing to pull out of the bag, throw, and yell Boom!

For me, Pretty Princess was easily my first choice due to the amount of details and quality of the image. The hay coming out the seams, the pumpkin guts and the texture of her skin were great. Congrats to whomever submitted that one, job well done!

Second choice was a really tough call. Enjoyed the artwork on both Oz and Seahorseman designs, nice attention to detail and vibrant colors. Finally came down to the concept for Seahorseman looking out from the subject rather than at it. The shadows on Sponge Bob and Patrick was a nice touch. Thanks to everyone who participated for all their hard work and effort!

Latest posts