• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One disc rounds

If most holes are over 300 ... first run star Cro ... nice and flexy and sticky but still stable if most are 300 or less my z zone or a wizard.

I'll typically play 1 mold rounds but 1 disc can prove interesting

Roc....simply b/c putting with a driver would kill my round if all holes were 300+

If most holes are over 300 ... first run star Cro ... nice and flexy and sticky but still stable if most are 300 or less my z zone or a wizard.

I'll typically play 1 mold rounds but 1 disc can prove interesting

:hfive: Cro just has a great feel!

If at my home course, I'd do a Beast honestly. All 3s, and cant throw my mids far enough to reach all but 1, so I'll take my chances putting with a beast over throwing a 75 footer with a roc.

First of all, I'm not just a Buzzz fan-boy, here. But for this application, I think that it would serve me best, like many others have said. I like the ESP or FLX plastic and would probably go FLX since putting and making shorter approaches with it.

I prefer to use other discs for specific shots, but feel that the Buzzz would give me the best opportunity to score well in this format.

I played one with a Cobra in the snow covered ice today - it was feast and famine.

Made a 100' birdie shot after hitting metal on my previous birdie attempt. The Cobra is a great straight flyer.

I oated up a couple drives and turned and burned.

I slipped on the ice and ended up on my arse and threw one straight up into the trees.

But I did nail my last two drives by relaxing and just snapping it out there. Cobra is a pretty new disc for me, and I've never really thrown it in ideal conditions. It flies almost in slow-motion.

Come on spring....

I'd take my Opto Pure. At that distance, I could/should be able to reach all of the holes in two with reasonably accuracy without powering down for the second shot while still allowing me to throw reasonably hard - but not max - on the drives. Anything faster means while I would get further, that second shot would be underpowered slightly.

Z Comet is another choice.

Glo Z Zone. I'm learning to forehand it up to like 180', I can backhand it up to like 260-270ft (if I got room for the bigger hyzer route it takes. It's a wonderful disc. And I putt with it occasionally when I don't want to pull out my actual putting putter :D

Ibex would be my initial pick for most situations. An Obex if it's windy. An opto Pure if it's fairly short or really technical.

Ibex would be my initial pick for most situations. An Obex if it's windy. An opto Pure if it's fairly short or really technical.

From the couple of rounds I've thrown the Ibex, I think I'd agree. Although, I do need to throw my Warship again: only threw it about 3 times in a field.

Putt-putt-putt-putt

I've discovered putter rounds as a way to practice modulating power. The Discraft Banger is my choice from my tank of a warlock and my APX. I dig throwing my high speed drivers, but the Banger is dead-on accurate at full strength. Hmmm. I think I'm gonna go hit it right now...