• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Opinion on Stamps

Stamps influence on your purchase of discs?

• Stamps are not relevant

Votes: 55 93.2%
  • ill buy every new variation of the same disc with a cool new stamp

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters
I would definitely prefer more bottom stamps, especially on putters.

Or at the very least, putters should be a flat-black stamp. Not the reflective foil stamps that Innova is so proud of these days.

The only time I care much about stamps is when I am collecting local tournament stamped discs as stocking stuffers for friends at home or abroad.

Don't really like red discs with blue stamps or vice versa, other than that specific color combination I don't pay much attention to or care about stamps unless it's a Huk lab disc since I'm a sucker for their Trifly design.

I don't have to have cool stamps... but if I'm looking at two of the same disc and one has a color or stamp I like more... that is the one I'm getting.

The only disc I've really collected different stamps on are for my putter.. .Mint Profit... but I throw all of them ... either at my practice basket or on the course... if I'm going to have twelve of one disc, I might as well have a few different stamps for fun.

I love me a cool misprint! My favorite in my bag right now is this Star Valk. Here's the photo I took of it when it was brand-new. Bonus, it's cheaper than a stock stamp.

IMG-20191107-113804028.jpg

I love me a cool misprint! My favorite in my bag right now is this Star Valk. Here's the photo I took of it when it was brand-new. Bonus, it's cheaper than a stock stamp.

IMG-20191107-113804028.jpg

Nice. This one is my pride and joy. I'm guessing it was used as some sort of setup disc for the stamping machine as it easily has four or five different stamps on it.

891f6ae0e2c6878712cf84a9d2093916.jpg

There are discs I won't buy because of the stamp.

And I hate tri foil sparkly stamps.

Also don't like large stamps that I can feel with my thumb

I hate stamps in general. I do not hate companies for doing it - it helps with instant recognition of company and mold - but once it is in my hands, I prefer a clean, solid color (color is important to me as well) or my own custom graphic.

Even though I posted in here, every time I look on this forum, I read this as "Onions on Stamps".

Yes, if it was a mold/plastic that I wanted, I'd buy a disc with an Onion stamp.

I'm a fan of a good stamp, but I'm not going to buy a disc just for the stamp unless it's something I'm just super excited about.

For example ; I was buying a Yikun Twin Swords to do a video with, and I got one that had a cool yin-yang koi fish stamp instead of the stock because I like it better than the stock stamp, but I wouldn't have bought it just for that stamp.

I'm a fan of a good stamp, but I'm not going to buy a disc just for the stamp unless it's something I'm just super excited about.

I don't buy just any disc because the stamp is cool but if there is a disc I bag and rely on and love throwing and I come across one with a cool stamp I'm definitely going to buy one.

I've bought exactly one disc for the stamp: a Star Vulcan with Mr. Spock and his Vulcan salute saying "Drive long and prosper", for my best friend whom I'd thrown Frisbee with since a preteen in the early '70s.
Although, as far as I know, he's never played disc golf.

Back in the day, long before there were flight charts , we bought discs because they had the coolest stamp or picture. Kinda like going down the wine isle when you know nothing, and picking a bottle based on the label.

I've bought exactly one disc for the stamp: a Star Vulcan with Mr. Spock and his Vulcan salute saying "Drive long and prosper", for my best friend whom I'd thrown Frisbee with since a preteen in the early '70s.
Although, as far as I know, he's never played disc golf.

Oops, my faux pas---that was a dye, and not a stamp. :eek: Are dyes germain to this conversation?

A dye and a stamp (for me) are functionally the same. If it's cool artwork and costs the same, I'll buy it, but not worth the extra coin.

I like clean discs such as my bright blue Teebird 3 with the small stamp on it, but also my lime green Drone with the huge angry hornet stamp on it. What sold me on both of those discs was the bright base color first and foremost.

Latest posts