• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Out of the game for 10 years- I need an adult!!

Thanks for all the input! Ordered a couple Shrykes and an Ion to see what all the fuss is about but overall it seems there is nothing wrong with the discs I have, I just need to get out there and throw. I grew up working a golf course and witnessed countless people being frustrated with their new fancy expensive equipment on the driving range. If they had spent a fraction of the $ they spent on equipment on lessons instead and put in the work, they could have made actual improvement to their game no matter what they were holding in their hands and the same is true here.

I am sure I am not alone here, but back when I was playing a lot, I accumulated a lot of discs (two storage tubbies worth) and now it looks like I have a lot of eBaying to do!

I am sure I am not alone here, but back when I was playing a lot, I accumulated a lot of discs (two storage tubbies worth) and now it looks like I have a lot of eBaying to do!

Before you sell them, you might want to throw some of them to see if they're working for you after all this time...

Keep this thread in mind when people talk about new disc "technology" forcing us to lengthen courses.

The Destroyer and other speed 12 disc were what made people have to lengthen disc golf courses in the first place in 2007. I remember in late 2007 when my local course was making it's B set of tee pads for original 1-9, they had to make all but one of B set longer or harder, also for safety fixed the shortest hole so you did not throw over a street and changed the next 2 holes that were after to play different to help the course play better as we had to fix the over the road hole.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input! Ordered a couple Shrykes and an Ion to see what all the fuss is about but overall it seems there is nothing wrong with the discs I have, I just need to get out there and throw. I grew up working a golf course and witnessed countless people being frustrated with their new fancy expensive equipment on the driving range. If they had spent a fraction of the $ they spent on equipment on lessons instead and put in the work, they could have made actual improvement to their game no matter what they were holding in their hands and the same is true here.

Before you sell them, you might want to throw some of them to see if they're working for you after all this time...

I agree 100% with the post above of SD86 unless you know these discs are not even suited for your playing style.

Thats a solid line up

I agree 100%.

My bag has a few classic molds still used. I have as well many disc molds that you do not see players using anymore or that few do but were used with great success. Then finally a few that other similar molds from other companies are more popular for nearly the same disc flight.

Don't Ebay. Start a thread here and give us the chance to get them first! FSOT threads are the dopest.

Don't Ebay. Start a thread here and give us the chance to get them first! FSOT threads are the dopest.

I agree with Grippenripp 100% but make at least 99% sure they are discs you do not need.

I agree with Grippenripp as some people are trying to drive up the price of the old Destroyers by hording all the old the ones with Patent numbers on the back. Not selling them just hording them and driving up the price.

Last edited:
As others have said, you have a very solid lineup there. You'll be able to afford a pretty nice bag and a whole new lineup of discs with the money you'd get from a couple second first run buzzzes and a few proto/PFN destoryers, especially if some of them are new.

I also recommend the Envy. I've almost stopped throwing mids entirely because of how many shots they cover. I still bag some Emac Truths (Dynamic Discs equivalent of a buzzz), but my Envies will go almost as far and feel a little more workable in addition to being great approach putters. All you need is one in Neutron plastic for dead straight shots and one in Soft Neutron plastic to have a touch of fade at the end. The Envy is one of the few discs that has come out since you've been away from the game that has shifted how people assemble their bags.

Since you are such Leopard and TL lover, you may fall in love with the Discmania FD. Covers pretty much the exact same shots, but is considered by many to be the current top dog of neutral fairway drivers. A better version of the TL, if you will. C Line plastic will be a little more stable than S Line. Both are good.

If you find that your destroyers are too much disc for you, discing down to a wraith, which was also available 10 years ago, can be helpful.

Welcome back to disc golf, and I hope it's been a wonderful time playing with your son!

I honestly think your bag is fine. The fastest mold I carry is a Destroyer. I recommend you check out the 3 series discs. I bagged Teebirds and a Leopard for years. I recommend checking out the Teebird3, TL3 and Leopard3.

Latest posts