• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] P2 style putter in grippy plastic

I can't say I've looked at the dimensions of the wiz, P2, or aviar but based on hand feel the wizard feels the most shallow.

I'd say most others here will confirm that.

But yeah, Gateway's site has always been "eh" but if you go in person they typically have anything and everything. Covid might have hindered that a bit, but any time I've ever been in the shop they have mountains of putters. Gateway 101 is always call and talk to them, they'll hook it up.

I know others have already said it, but the innova firefly is a good one if you can catch them on the innova proshop whenever they come back in stock. (or whenever your local shop gets a handful) They should be just under $20 ea. shipped from innova.

The hard part with them is they're better off buying in person IMO. this years nexus fireflys range from very chalky to slightly rubbery to kind of slick. I bought 25 during the first drop, kept my 10 favorite feeling ones to use and then sold the rest to buddies.

They didn't have any Warlocks. But the Gateway SS plastic was pretty close to what I'm after, but it has a range of stiffness. I called Gateway and caught the owner at a practice round for worlds. He said go to the underground website. There's nothing available https://gatewaydiscsportsdirect.bigcartel.com He said the Warden is shallower, Aviar is similar height to the Warlock.

The XT Aviar plastic is also pretty nice grip, but they didn't have heavier weights, and neither does the pro shop or any site.

The Discmania Logic is a new possibility, but the EXO Soft might be a little too soft. It's available though.

Can't find any Millennium Omega4 besides the link above for $20 per plus shipping. Not sure I want to roll the dice that high.

Classic Wardens are grippy nice off the shelf but not as good in my bag. Wanted something that holds it's grip. Maybe I should wash my Wardens with soap and water and see if grip returns.

Marshall Street, OTB, and Infinite all have a fair amount of warlocks in stock.

Right, but someone said it's better to call them and get a deal on what you want. I don't know what I want really.

Funny, Infinite says the Eraser plastic is the stiffest plastic and users tell them this all the time. OTB says Eraser plastic is fairly gummy.

Yeah, a couple years ago they would randomly post deals on their FB page for something silly like any 5 discs for 40 shipped or 10 discs for 70 shipped. They got more frequent and it was pretty much an all the time thing or you could call and ask and they'd give it to you.

It was kinda crazy though, because it didn't matter what type of plastic, could be their premium stuff, glow, or whatever. They might still do some kind of bull discount but definitely not that cheap anymore. I honestly think they were severely undercutting all of their retailers and nobody was buying gateway anywhere else.

Right, but someone said it's better to call them and get a deal on what you want. I don't know what I want really.

Funny, Infinite says the Eraser plastic is the stiffest plastic and users tell them this all the time. OTB says Eraser plastic is fairly gummy.

Yeah, a couple years ago they would randomly post deals on their FB page for something silly like any 5 discs for 40 shipped or 10 discs for 70 shipped. They got more frequent and it was pretty much an all the time thing or you could call and ask and they'd give it to you.

It was kinda crazy though, because it didn't matter what type of plastic, could be their premium stuff, glow, or whatever. They might still do some kind of bull discount but definitely not that cheap anymore. I honestly think they were severely undercutting all of their retailers and nobody was buying gateway anywhere else.
I picked up five Eraser Warlocks on a Facebook auction; I paid $30. Then they didn't ship them for a month so I got two Organic Warlocks thrown in; 7 discs for $30. :eek:

Anyway, that run of Eraser was quite stiff. In 2019 I got an Eraser Wizard at a tournament that was much, much softer. It's hard to know what exactly it's going to be like if you can't hold the disc. The just regular old Sure Grip Soft is usually fairly firm and grippy. That's why I thought call the shop; they used to pull stuff according to what you said you were looking for. Funny that it went to Davey Mac's cell phone; Gateway is a crazy business.

Last edited:
Classic Wardens are grippy nice off the shelf but not as good in my bag. Wanted something that holds it's grip. Maybe I should wash my Wardens with soap and water and see if grip returns.
Probably your best bet if you like Wardens otherwise. If it's just a dust thing, water alone should do the trick.

I saw the Warlock being mentioned and I wanted to ask-- is the Warlock more glidey than the Voodoo? I putted Voodoos for a while, then discovered the Roach which was much more glidey. I love Gateway plastic, but outside the circle those putters just drop into the cage for me.

My new Standard Soft Omega 4s arrived yesterday and they feel just like my Soft P-Line P2s that are impossible to find now. Perfect for winter golf.

The Nexus Firefly is very impressive. Local shop actually had a few in stock. It is the tiniest bit shallower than new production P2, which exactly same as Innova-made P2. The few I handled even had a slight puddle top like my one Innova-made d-line P2. I brought in my P2 old and new to compare. But, I didn't buy any Fireflys.

I have 1 of the new latitude P2s and it's pretty similar to nexus plastic. But I've handled about 20 others of the new P2 and they're ALL much more slick. Very strange. And fwiw I think the new Lat P2 feels better than the current alpacas. Firefly's feel great but local shops price gouge them. They're like $25. Just my thoughts.

I have 1 of the new latitude P2s and it's pretty similar to nexus plastic. But I've handled about 20 others of the new P2 and they're ALL much more slick. Very strange. And fwiw I think the new Lat P2 feels better than the current alpacas. Firefly's feel great but local shops price gouge them. They're like $25. Just my thoughts.

Aren't they Sexton fireflies? Maybe $5 goes to Nate.

Latest posts