• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Packing your DG Bag

rushman007

Howdy all!
All right, so there are THOUSANDS of posts in this and other Disc Golf forums that ask the famous question, "What's in your bag?" After that, folks post their discs, brand, weight, etc.

And that's great. It's nice to see what kind of plastic people are throwing.

But here's what I want to know:
OTHER THAN YOUR DISCS, what else do you pack in your bag when you prepare for a day of golf?
Also, HOW do you pack your bag? (i.e. how do you arrange your discs, where do drinks go, what goes in what pocket, etc...)

I would love to see pictures, if possible.

I tried to find if this topic was posted anywhere, but after 50+ pages, I gave up. So I decided to post the question myself.

So...whatcha got?

I have an Innova Comp bag.

I never use the putter pocket for my putter. It's used for score cards and tourney paperwork (handouts that might have hole info or OB/mando rules etc). I use the mini pocket, but my Vibram mini has to be folded in half to fit. works fine.

Inside the two side pockets are the most important things: Ziplock bags. Cel phone and keys go in the ziplocks just in case. There are also reusable scorecards, pencils, and I always carry a few clif bars and spare minis, Sharpie, bag tags, and occasionally garbage.

There's always bug spray in one cup holder, and 32oz of whatever in the other; unless it's a hot day or non-buggy course, that would be 2 bottles of drinks.

All my putters are in one section, mids in another, and drivers in the last section. I don't carry many discs (maybe 14,with a lot of backups and doubles) so the rest of the bag is filled with towels. I HATE hearing discs bang around while walking. I have a rarely used backup disc in 'last' on the driver side, and that holds all the towels in place, which in turn holds everything else nice and snug.

I have to get my bag dipped on the bottom for winter.

Disc Order in Lat64 Pro Bag (DRIVERS)Overstable->Understable|Understable->Overstable(Midranges)

Front pocket: Two towels
One Side pocket: snacks/mini
Other side pocket: First Aid Kit/Knife/Small Flashlight
Water Bottle in the holder
Small side pocket: scorecard, pencils, monocular(Cause you never know when there will be interesting things to see out at the lake)

minis. water, pencils, bug spray, towel, food, scorecard, wallet, phone, softball for knocking discs out of trees. thats mostly it.

well my disc are arranged from overstable to understable and also going from distance drivers to putters

but in the one pocket i have a towel and a birdy bag in the other pocket i have a small knife, golf penciles, sharpie, my keys and phone ( i hide my wallet in the car and with all the clutter in my car it is sometimes hard for me to find haha) then i keep a 32oz nalgene in one cup holder and in the other i keep a softball and a towel but i also carry a tripod chair for those really long rounds on the really long courses

I also have the Lat64° Pro Bag (that thing is like luggage).

I usually carry two water bottles, three towels, mini clipboard, pencils, sharpie, snacks, and a slingshot.

The only out of the ordinary thing I carry is a little monoscope. Handy for identifying basket numbers on unfamiliar courses. It's only 1.8 ounces.
41D3K27WEXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Plus a cheeseburger. I often put a cheeseburger in my bag and eat it about an hour into dubs.
images

PS- Here is the thread you were looking for. http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7375

Carolina bag

Left zipper pocket
Pocket knife
Spare key (car)
Small zip lock with snacks ( Cliff bars and a couple caramels)
Bag with xtra towel
Small first aid kit with super glue (it is amazing how much use that gets)

Left Open pouch
Score card
2 sharpies
2 pens

Center pouch
minis

Right zipper pouch
bag xtra towel
cell phone
Few xtra discs

CHEERS - Koffee

PDGA Tournament Bag...

Drink-side zipper pocket: Sunscreen, toilet paper, extra beer, a trash bag to pick up excessive garbage around the course, etc.
Other-side Zipper pocket: Keys, lighter, coins from my pocket (insinde the inside zipper pocket), extra minis, course maps, sharpies, extra beer, etc.
Side velcro pocket: bicycle LED head light, Sierra Nevada beer cozy, prescription medicine, etc.
Putter pocket: Extra minis, cards and pencils, etc.
Mini pocket: Le Mini du jour.
Pencil pocket: Nothing, the pencil always falls out of it.
Insulated drink pocket: 32 oz bottle, frozen water (aka ice).
Soft drink pocket: 32 oz water.

other than discs, i usually try to have a scorecard, pen/pencil, Sharpie, Mini, a can of OFF, knife, water bottles (2 usually), towel, chamois x 2, sometimes a light rain jacket or beanie

coming soon to the bag, a baseball and a mini mag lite

GB Chimp with discs just randomly in one side of the slide divider, hand towel and 2nd water in the other/smaller side.

A few wing/rib wipe packets for landing in anything from poison ivy to goose crap, few cards/pencils, zip locked tissue pack, and a fat salon nail board with 180 grit one side, 100 the other side to field repair disc wounds with sandpaper that will not blow away.

Latest posts