• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pain in Hip

I had hip pain from throwing. Turns out it was my lower back, not my hip. My father-in-law is a chiropractor and he said that often hip pain is actually from the lower back being out, not actually from the hip. He said it isn't that frequent your hip would actually be out as it is a very large join. He adjusted my lower back and the pain went away immediately. Might want to check out a chiropractor...a good chiropractor. There are good ones and not so good ones, as with any profession.

At the end of my twist it seems like my foot is stuck in place and therefore it places a lot of torque on my hip.

could well be wrenching your back out of place by placing too much stress on your hip.

I did the same thing when my foot got stuck during the pivot throwing a big roller driver over a year ago. My back wasn't the same for a good year afterwords, been doing chiropractic therapy regularly. I'm just now getting back to the point where I can play golf the way I used to and not hurt all the time.

Last edited:
Anyone have pain in their hip from throwing? Is there a form change that I can make to help out?

I primarily throw RHBH and the back/side of my right hip is really uncomfortable after a round. I played a couple of days in a row and I had to ice it afterwards.

At the end of my twist it seems like my foot is stuck in place and therefore it places a lot of torque on my hip.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Im kinda wasted and not gonna read the thread,caught the op in a quote and felt his pain. this **** happened to me today trying to test some blizzards in a muddy windy swamp. **** sucks. Im almost 30, but feelin 50 cryin about my hip

Lol I've been limping all day from softball practice Thursday night. Thinkers mg about batting lefty now so I use the same motion as rhbh drives. Also 30 feeling 50...

Do you always pick up your bag with your right arm? Also, do you sometimes carry your bag on just your right shoulder. Might be a part of it.

Latest posts