• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Palmer Woods--Ithaca

cloudstrife

Got a question about Palmer Woods for anyone who might be from around Central New York or have played the course.

Do you know if this course has actual tee's? Are they pink flags in the ground? Where do you park? I'm guessing not that huge parking lot closer to the campus.... Have you played it this year? If so did you run into any problems?

Made the trip out there this afternoon and wasnt able to really play any official holes, quite the disappointment, considering it took 1.5hrs to get there and find out where it was.

Any advice? I would really like to take my parents here when they come down for my brothers wedding in Ithaca, but the course seemed quite shoddy. Am I missing something? If that is the case I won't bother.

Thanks everyone, you've all be quite good at answering my posts.

Oops shoulda looked at the coursemap

It makes some more sense now, we were parked by the number 9 basket in A-lot and tried to start out clueless from there.

Advice would still be good however, as I was not able to find the long tee pad. Was the long tee pad the slight scuff in the dirt most of the way up the hill for hole 9?

Doesn't look that bad though, and it seems as though we were parking in the right area. Sure could have used this map during the play.

Is Belle Sherman still a course? I couldnt find it on PDGA online. Would you recommend going there with my parents instead of Palmer Woods?

I do know that there is construction going on at Palmer and that holes 1 and 2 have been effected by it. When I played it last year the course was completely unmarked so those scuffs could be tees.. who knows. It was very hard to figure out where to go. You can print a map off the site here which should help a bit but it will still be a challenge.

I'd recommend playing TC3 if you're in Ithaca, it is probably the best course in the area. I don't think Belle Sherman is a challenging course considering it's at an elementary school so I'd probably take a pass on that one.

A good place to get some solid info would be discithaca.com. Those guys would have definite answers for you.

thank you

Yea TC3 is good, we were coming from there to Ithaca to check out what else was around and ended up with Palmer Woods.

Lost a nice buzz esp flx on hole 4 over at TC3 into the rough on the far left, but other than that it was a real nice course, reminded me of Baker. Much nicer views though. I should take my parents to that one. Do you know the pars for that course? 9 seemed a little hard cuz we were doing all par 3's

No clue on par, sorry. I have yet to play the entire TC3 course so that might be something to shoot for this summer.

Latest posts