• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Parked: Let's Settle the Debate Once and for All

Which Disc(s) are parked?

• White

Votes: 316 78.6%
  • Yellow

Votes: 314 78.1%
  • Green

Votes: 272 67.7%
  • Orange

Votes: 146 36.3%
  • 2nd Green

Votes: 66 16.4%

• Total voters
I love how many say they are all parked but the farthest out is only at 20%.

Must be like throwing 400'

Instead of distance and this and that, it is strictly a matter of how is the day going for me. The first 3 are definitely parked, I could reach the 3rd one in and if I missed that my confidence would be shattered and they all better be under the basket or I will miss.

If I missed a #5 earlier in the day then that disc would no longer be parked.

Parked to me is a given, it IS in, if for any reason 4 or 5 were not converted at some point they would cease to be parked for that round or until I made another one and regained to confidence.

first off i didnt know there was a debate about what parked means.
second, parked is a relative term, i would consider all 5 parked because all 5 are at a distance i will make 99/100. so it is different for everyone. parked is basically the distance that you have a very very slim chance of missing the putt.

I would say the first 3 because those are pretty much drop in putts so to miss them something has to go very wrong.

if parked= 'gimmie, don't have to putt' i would say 1st 2(yellow disc). Most people will hit 1st 3 if not all 5, but can always miss. would only do gimmie on 3-5 if busy course and need to play fast. Never heard the term 'parked' until on this site. :)

I'm clearly not as good as all y'all so I only voted for the first two.
Perhaps a better question would be 'At what distance would you allow another person to take the gimme / no putt necessary?' I'll stick with the first two;)

Parked is a term to describe how good your drive was, not how good your putting is.

This is exactly how I feel. It defeats the purpose of saying it's parked, just because it's a makable putt. Parked means a drop in, in my book, just so you really, really know the difference between a good drive and a great one.

First three, in my book. Anyone who disagrees, feel my Internet hatred... :rolleyes:

This is exactly how I feel. It defeats the purpose of saying it's parked, just because it's a makable putt. Parked means a drop in, in my book, just so you really, really know the difference between a good drive and a great one.

First three, in my book. Anyone who disagrees, feel my Internet hatred... :rolleyes:

I agree, and it looks like that's a pretty clear consensus from the poll too.

Last edited:
If someone says they parked it and it is further than the last disc, would you argue with them?

nope cause i really dont care about the "official definition" of a subjective term.

btw, a 'gimme' is a putt not a park job. two different concepts. and gimme is another subjective term. so once again i dont really care

I said the first three. I watched Eric McCabe three putt from the orange one, definitely not a drop in.

If someone says they parked it and it is further than the last disc, would you argue with them?

Nope, but I would remember what they said and know that when they brag I shouldn't be impressed because they have low standards for themselves.

^^^

Ditto. Like, oh, you parked it? Congrats. :\

Latest posts