• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paschall: Mucking it up

YoDesigner

Bogey Member
So my buddy and I went to Paschall Park early Saturday morning to meet another friend for an early round of dg (8am to be exact)... We are pulling into the park and notice a guy walking around in the low water around basket 5 obviously looking for a disc or discs. This water area is casual, because it is usually dry, but because of the rains here lately it has about 1ft of water around this basket...

While we are waiting for our friend, throwing on the driving range, we notice the guy moving onto other areas of the course stomping through the water hazards.....looking for discs. By the time our friend shows up to play (830). This guy has really MUCKED up the waters now so you have no chance of seeing your disc if it lands in the water since he stirred it all up. He left at the same time we started. And didnt play one hole while we waited for our friend.

Of course, one of us threw it in the water (on #5) and he had to go into the water himself to find his disc... I cant help but think, that if this guy didnt STOMP around in the water scavenging for discs it would have been an easier retrieval.

What really pissed us off was this guy just totally made the water hazards impossible to see through and didnt even play the course. Then the car that he drove was really nice too! Why is he scavenging for discs? Does he purposly do this so he can go back later that night or early the next morning and check his muck traps! This guy really is an oxymoron...

I can hardly be bothered to look for my own discs, I just cant imagine why anyone would want to look for discs that may or may not be there. Some people need to get a life....its not like there is a fortune to be made in disc scavaging....IDK, maybe its a sign of our economic times....that being said, maybe the universe put that guy there to annoy you before your round even started in order to see how you dealt with the challenge ;)

So my buddy and I went to Paschall Park early Saturday morning to meet another friend for an early round of dg (8am to be exact)... We are pulling into the park and notice a guy walking around in the low water around basket 5 obviously looking for a disc or discs. This water area is casual, because it is usually dry, but because of the rains here lately it has about 1ft of water around this basket...

While we are waiting for our friend, throwing on the driving range, we notice the guy moving onto other areas of the course stomping through the water hazards.....looking for discs. By the time our friend shows up to play (830). This guy has really MUCKED up the waters now so you have no chance of seeing your disc if it lands in the water since he stirred it all up. He left at the same time we started. And didnt play one hole while we waited for our friend.

Of course, one of us threw it in the water (on #5) and he had to go into the water himself to find his disc... I cant help but think, that if this guy didnt STOMP around in the water scavenging for discs it would have been an easier retrieval.

What really pissed us off was this guy just totally made the water hazards impossible to see through and didnt even play the course. Then the car that he drove was really nice too! Why is he scavenging for discs? Does he purposly do this so he can go back later that night or early the next morning and check his muck traps! This guy really is an oxymoron...

You're seriously complaining about that....wow. Don't throw in the water then, its that simple, especially if you already knew in advance that he did "muck up" the water. It doesn't matter if that guy drives a nice car. Maybe he lost a memorable ace disc, or a present that someone important gave him. He has a right to go back and look for his disc as much as he wants.

I've never complained about anything on this site before, but after I read this I just had too. I know you were probably just frustrated and vented about it on here, but come on man... seriously.

You're seriously complaining about that....wow. Don't throw in the water then, its that simple, especially if you already knew in advance that he did "muck up" the water. It doesn't matter if that guy drives a nice car. Maybe he lost a memorable ace disc, or a present that someone important gave him. He has a right to go back and look for his disc as much as he wants.

I've never complained about anything on this site before, but after I read this I just had too. I know you were probably just frustrated and vented about it on here, but come on man... seriously.

I wouldnt argue with this guy, did you see the size of his neck? sheesh...

no but thats generally good rule to live by though, giving the Dbag the benefit of the doubt. that rule has kept me from ripping heads off here at work unnecessarily....

Yes seriously I am complaining. Maybe somebody will read this and think twice about mucking up a dgcourse.

Perhaps I should have posted this at 'YOU might be a DOUCHEBAG???'.

I was aware of the water hazards to begin with and did not end up in the muck. My buddy that we waited on to throw with us, was the one that got wet. Our friend found his disc anyways...

Doubt this guy was looking for a lost disc of his own, unless he lost several.... He was also trampling through 17 and 18 creek bed before he left.

Seriously, if he could afford the nice ride, then just go buy a new disc.

This guy literally zig-zagged completly through all the water hazards.

I agree. Why dont you worry about important things like people trashing the course or littering all over the place

All this wouldn't be an issue if it didn't rain so much in the first place. Your real beef is with God.

Just warn him about the local flesh eating bacteria next time. It's the least you could do. then just walk away.

I think you are being a little too nit-picky, mucking around the creek is not analogous to say, breaking branches off of a tree or littering. Try not to hate people. I know, it's hard.

Yes seriously I am complaining. Maybe somebody will read this and think twice about mucking up a dgcourse.

Perhaps I should have posted this at 'YOU might be a DOUCHEBAG???'.

I was aware of the water hazards to begin with and did not end up in the muck. My buddy that we waited on to throw with us, was the one that got wet. Our friend found his disc anyways...

Doubt this guy was looking for a lost disc of his own, unless he lost several.... He was also trampling through 17 and 18 creek bed before he left.

Seriously, if he could afford the nice ride, then just go buy a new disc.

This guy literally zig-zagged completly through all the water hazards.

maybe he lost a disc on every hole.;)Def DB in my opinion.

I think you are being a little too nit-picky, mucking around the creek is not analogous to say, breaking branches off of a tree or littering. Try not to hate people. I know, it's hard.
just because he pissed him off doesn't mean he hates him. At least he didn't mention hating him, did he? But letting this get to you isn't worth it. You are playing disc golf which is supposed to be relaxing and joyful along with stressful and rage filled.:D I can't believe I missed that dang put ahahh!!!!!!

I drive a landrover, but nearly all of my discs are either found or found then traded for what i really wanted, the first few months i played DG I was spending a ton on discs, this way i don't need to spend much at all to get any disc i want to try, also I think its fun to find discs and its fun to trade discs, and i always call numbers before trading any away...

I wouldnt ever get mad at someone looking for discs out in the water, its their perogative to do so. I might just be a little pissed off that it wasn't me out there finding those discs, because it usually is. I can understand you were a little irritated about the water getting stirred up but its nothing to get mad at the guy for. In the summer here at our parks with water holes theres 10 or more people out in the water at the same time looking around, Were used to it.

theres alot of things in this world that are gonna tick u off if this is something thats gets you goin!

You should have talked to him to see if he wanted to join you. If he had joined you, then he would have stopped mucking in the casual water and if someone in the group threw in the water, you'd have someone to go get them! :)

All this wouldn't be an issue if it didn't rain so much in the first place. Your real beef is with God.

I don't know if God has an account on here, but I'm pretty sure Jesus does. Maybe you can PM him your frustration.

Or maybe it was the Chinese seeding clouds:rolleyes:

Latest posts