• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul and Paige vs. The Field(s) at Worlds?

so you're saying that if there were fewer rounds then Paul would have been less likely to play conservatively and would have come from behind those rounds to win because... McBeast? or that it's impossible to tell?

i don't think i care to think about this hypothetical any further unless i actually go back for each year and put together a daily score board and then take into account what course was played and what the weather was like. 2 of those 4 years they played the same course each day.

I said nothing about coming from behind. I said he may have played the rounds differently in different circumstances. It's just as likely that he could have been leading after three rounds instead of being behind. We don't really know. All I'm saying is that taking existing tournament results and chopping off the last round or two rounds or three rounds and saying the standings at that point are "what the results would have been" is not evidence of anything. It's like saying if every football game was 30 minutes instead of 60 minutes, team X would have won 7 games instead of 12 because they trailed at half time in 9 out of 16 games. It doesn't work that way. If they know there's only 30 minutes, they play the game differently.

I was talking about this the other day with a buddy. Clear favorites are Paul vs Ricky. Kevin Jones has some momentum rolling and has the skills to tame both courses.

I'll take the field if I was laying down my $.

I will take the field. This will probably be the most pressure Paul has ever had going into worlds. I will be rooting for him because i love watching greatness but if i were betting money, im taking the rest.

I would have lost money. It was close at the end. I thought Ricky was out of it after watching the first few rounds. Big ups to him. 2 more holes he may have caught Paul.

Paul is a true athlete. Anyone can be great but not everyone can be great when everything is on the line.

Props to Paige as well. Those finishing courses really played to her strengths.

Last edited:

Latest posts