• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth's diary

It just seems like he is only happy if he is THE BEST.

He threw 2 rounds right at his rating and 2 below his rating.

Anyone read his latest heartfelt Facebook post? You can tell his poor performance at the Maple hill Open really got to him. Check it out:

https://m.facebook.com/mcbeth27523/posts/740214152687313

Is this from his official facebook? If so here is my 2 cents!

You play for 10 years become 2x World Champ, then admit to not having passion for the game while being a touring pro? :confused:

You say that DG is not even a top three thing for you...I wonder what is the three things?

Generally things that come easy to people are easy to give up too.

Fizz, why do you think any thing at Maple Hill was some turning point in all
this?

If I was any of your sponsors after I heard this come out of your mouth/smartphone you would be quickly unemployed...:thmbdown:

Landfill or thread deletion HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :popcorn:

Last edited:
He is salty for sure. I laughed reading that b/c its HOW I AM not some touring pro with his own signature discs :rolleyes: Nice excuse though'

2x World Champ and no passion? The life quotes are always what get me...:sick:

Nothing against the guy though.

Last edited:
I read it differently. I think he's saying that he's now going to try to take this game seriously. If what we've seen is a half-effort, well, lookout!

The life quotes are always what gets me...:sick:

Chasing Dreams, eh? Is that like chasing waterfalls or something?

Real people work to make it in the world. Dreams are for the foolish or people that have, what we in the south call " Old Money" and can piss it away on stupid stuff. Old Money means you came into your fortune because your family earned it before you were ever born.

Think its more in response/apology to his post yesterday about payouts which he pretty much had every disc golfer all up in arms and usual cant make real money till we get brand x and then Steve Mills going schizophrenic try to show his self worth to a bunch of pros. The kid is super talented and in my opinion the best to ever throw a frisbee. It's a grind and I hope he finds a good life doing it. I just see payouts getting worse not better for these guys in the future especially when you post something that hurts an actual td that seems to care and just the shape of this country in the future.

Chasing Dreams, eh? Is that like chasing waterfalls or something?

Real people work to make it in the world. Dreams are for the foolish or people that have, what we in the south call " Old Money" and can piss it away on stupid stuff. Old Money means you came into your fortune because your family earned it before you were ever born.

Exactly. There is very little wealth created anymore. Wealth is inherited not made. Work is for survival and hopefully a trinket or two along the way.

This is clearly him saying he is going to up his game looking ahead. How anyone could read it differently than that is beyond me. Look out.

I agree 100%, he totally phoned in those last 2 World Championships.... and it was way back in June since he won in KC... and that was by only 7... so yeah, shapeup!
Seriously though... He has ANOTHER gear?
As far as top three things in Paul's life go I can only guess... so away I go:
Milano chocolate cookies WITH milk, space exploration(his move to Florida was a dead give away), and flossing. Flossing is very important. Honorable mention: hair gel.
Joking aside, I hope Paul the best, but then again I hope the best for everyone...

I will be the first to recant my first post if Paul is re-focusing on his direction in life and lighting a fire in himself for DG domination. I will be a little sad if this is signaling a near future retirement plan on the flip side of that coin.

I like the guy and like to see him play. People are not robots and cannot be perfect all the time and replicate every action like you are running a program. Needless to say computers are not perfect either.

Do your thing Paul and we will wait to see what that is!

drama!!!!!!!!!!

------->landfill

ps good im glad it isnt a top priority maybe he is seriously thinking about long term future goals. does he have a retirement plan (401k) with his contract with innova or any type of health bennys?

Last edited:
We tend to objectify our Sports Stars, but they remain individuals who have lives outside of their Sports Pursuits.

If Paul is taking stock of his life and determining what his real priorities are, then he is demonstrating maturity and intelligence.

Selfishly, I hope he remains in Disc Golf. He is a great ambassador for the Sport and a joy to watch.

From Spin TV. I saw in Japan he was carrying a GStar Boss and Blizzard Boss (both around 159). Not sure how much he ended up using them but he was pretty stoked when he was talking about them.

Think its more in response/apology to his post yesterday about payouts which he pretty much had every disc golfer all up in arms and usual cant make real money till we get brand x and then Steve Mills going schizophrenic try to show his self worth to a bunch of pros. The kid is super talented and in my opinion the best to ever throw a frisbee. It's a grind and I hope he finds a good life doing it. I just see payouts getting worse not better for these guys in the future especially when you post something that hurts an actual td that seems to care and just the shape of this country in the future.

What was the gripe about payouts? That the payouts went to deep, thus not enough $$ for the top guys?