• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Major: 2022 PDGA Champions Cup Apr 14-17

It sounds like Elaine King and Ian Anderson announcing FPO for the Disc Golf Network.
The best announcing combo in my opinion. :clap:

Elaine's precise and technical insight is unmatched by any other FPO commentator and probably MPO as well. Her voice inflection may not be smooth but she details aspects of flight and physics that I've never even previously considered.

Elaine's precise and technical insight is unmatched by any other FPO commentator and probably MPO as well. Her voice inflection may not be smooth but she details aspects of flight and physics that I've never even previously considered.

I agree that she is the best announcer, male or female. Her knowledge of the game, the way she describes shot shapes is excellent.
I like that she doesn't over-dramatize shots or situations. She calls a bad shot a bad shot, a good shot a good shot and a great shot a great shot.
Just the right amount of banter and chit chat, she doesn't feel the need to talk continuously like some announcers do.

I "think" they revised it because players were very opposed to match play format for a major.

Like all seemingly arbitrary changes by the PDGA, the decision was made with specific intent to disenfranchise Lloyd Weema.

I agree that she is the best announcer, male or female. Her knowledge of the game, the way she describes shot shapes is excellent.
I like that she doesn't over-dramatize shots or situations. She calls a bad shot a bad shot, a good shot a good shot and a great shot a great shot.
Just the right amount of banter and chit chat, she doesn't feel the need to talk continuously like some announcers do.

agree, some announcers act like they have never seen a disc fly before and get way too excited about elite players doing what elite players do which is throw elite shots.

there is a time and place for that but its not every 3rd shot i see on coverage.

Looks like Eveliina found her putt, must feel good to have an ok putting round after the disasters she have had . .but Henna lost hers, one 4putt and two 3 putts. .

IMO, this is what DGPT courses should look like. This is a terrific course.
I personally think Jackson is one of the most overlooked courses by reviewers on all platforms. It may not have any exotic holes, but the consistently phenomenal hole design and grassy woods biome are pretty much unmatched anywhere else (edit: that I have played). I wish the tour went here every year.

If the question is, what pro golfer would you most want to have a beer with, and the answer is anything but Matty O, youre dead wrong. That post round interview was epic.

"Hey Matt, is the body 100%"

MATTY O: SOFT GRIN, A GLINT IN HIS EYE, WINKS....."ITS 101%. ROLL TIDE". [Finger Gun]

If the question is, what pro golfer would you most want to have a beer with, and the answer is anything but Matty O, youre dead wrong. That post round interview was epic.

"Hey Matt, is the body 100%"

MATTY O: SOFT GRIN, A GLINT IN HIS EYE, WINKS....."ITS 101%. ROLL TIDE". [Finger Gun]

I'm gonna stick with having a beer with Greg Barsby; for the "Iron Leaf" story if nothing else....

I'm gonna stick with having a beer with Greg Barsby; for the "Iron Leaf" story if nothing else....

Ok, you're not wrong. Thats a very respectable answer. I can only say that I know people that know him but they absolutely love him. He is adored by the dg community in Tyler, Tx and has done a bunch of stuff for the good will of the sport since he got to Texas.

IMO, this is what DGPT courses should look like. Open courses should be tracks like Toboggan, wooded courses like WR Jackson. If some are going to say that finding land and making courses like this is difficult, I say that is on the DGPT and the players. This is a terrific course.
I agree that it's a terrific course, but what about scoring separation in the MPO ?

Latest posts