• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[PDGA Major] 2024 United States Women's Disc Golf Championships

Hard not to forsee Tattar, Ohn, and Missy in the top 3. Four rounds should give players with great bounce-back stats a chance to even out some bogeys, so I have a feeling there will be at least one mostly unfamiliar name among the top 10.
Kona smartly giving herself plenty of opportunities to pad her bounce back stats, now she just needs to take them.

Nothing as pathetic as the doddering, ancient, white guy.....making his first comment in 5 years.....to share his terror with everyone. Is the entire Cadillac nursing home in a tizzy? [hoping the irony of ageism finds a home].
Where do you see terror? It seems to be a simple (if early) post in anticipation of next week's Trans Day of Visibility.

Not yet a real pattern. . but Paige P has had terrible R1s in her comeback. . wonder why?
Nice to see Cox at the top, her last part of 2022 and most of 2023 where not good at all

Last edited:
Stat keeping was sporadic for R1 - probably just a handful of caddies/fans spread throughout the field. Kind of a gap to not show the scoring spread calculated for those that didn't keep full stats and just leave the other stats as N/A to fill out the stats page for the full field. As the rounds go on we will probably see more stats for the golfers that are up near the top cards (weekend might get a few more stat keeping folks following along).

Sporadic is a nice word to use for it. ;) After touting how great the acquisition of StatMando is and how much better the statistical info will be this year, it is not a good look.

Going to predict that Silva and Eliezra will make a move up the board today. Chantel is my other dark horse today. I think all of them left strokes out there yesterday while still playing well.

Sporadic is a nice word to use for it. ;) After touting how great the acquisition of StatMando is and how much better the statistical info will be this year, it is not a good look.

Going to predict that Silva and Eliezra will make a move up the board today. Chantel is my other dark horse today. I think all of them left strokes out there yesterday while still playing well.
Sad part is that the lack of stats is almost certainly about lack of volunteers to do it rather than anything the PDGA has done. The PDGA will certainly take the heat for it though.

Of course Silva promptly goes +4 after two holes.

Sad part is that the lack of stats is almost certainly about lack of volunteers to do it rather than anything the PDGA has done. The PDGA will certainly take the heat for it though.

Totally understand and agree. It's just that they seem to have a special talent for "open mouth, insert foot." In this case talking in the press conference about how the player statistics would be much better this season when, in fact, they are much worse during this tournament than anything I saw last year.

Eliezra with a 270' throw in for eagle on #5. 😲

Kona +6 so far today. Personally, I think just finishing four rounds on this course would be an amazing effort for her.

10-15mph is NOT considered wind IMHO. buck up, kids!:)
Its enough of a change from R1 conditions that the same tee shots might need a disc change and putting will be more challenging. Few golfers seem to adjust really well from their game plan going into the round/tournament (all divisions) especially if they executed well in prior rounds under different conditions. The wind gusts are getting up into the 25mph range this afternoon. Feel like the woods can provide some cover but also kind of tunnel the wind down the fairways a bit more (stronger head or tail winds, little crosswind). Open holes & greens are exposed to all directions.

R3 looks to be ideal conditions (low wind, mild temperatures & humidity) so we could see a few golfers match or exceed the R1 hot score.

Eliezra with a 270' throw in for eagle on #5. 😲
Is there any footage of that?!
I saw the eagle on her card and figured she must have had a 350-400 foot drive and a longish throw-in. In reality she had a 180 foot drive. Probably hit a tree on her drive I would guess.

Kristin is really in a funk, mostly mental i believe. When's the last time she threw a +3 round?

Kristin is really in a funk, mostly mental i believe. When's the last time she threw a +3 round?
She threw a +4 at 2023 MVP Open R3 - 961 rated

Its not really uncommon for her to throw a 960s rated round. She hasn't done it more than once a single tournament at all in the past couple years. R2 she took more penalty strokes than expected with 2 coming on the final two holes. Maybe those will motivate her going into R3.

Just halfway through the tournament so those that are overperforming their rating significantly may come back down a bit to even it out. Scoring conditions look good for moving day so it'll be worthwhile to watch the round live I expect.

So far even par 65 has been rated:
R1 - 981
R2 - 986

Another four card backup on Hole 18 today. I wonder why they don't space out the cards more. They have plenty of time with the men not playing.

Last edited:
Another four card backup on Hole 18 today. I wonder why they don't space out the cards more. They have plenty of time with the men not playing.
I wonder if the large scoring spreads are a factor? Obviously the higher to par scores go first, so they would be naturally a bit slower. If four 1040 rated players were behind my sons and me, they'd have plenty of time to work an internet job from the benches on each tee...unless I let them play through, which you cannot do in a tournament.

I just noticed they have FP40 playing the same course, so not much time to space things out.

So far even par 65 has been rated:
R1 - 981
R2 - 986
R3 - 969

Pretty significant difference, over 2 strokes harder in R2 than R3. R4 looks like more wind than R2 which will increase the difficulty even further. Clean rounds by the two out in front will keep any chasers from catching up but the wind could be tricky and increase the penalties and total putt attempts.

Kona +6 so far today. Personally, I think just finishing four rounds on this course would be an amazing effort for her.
Kona has improved each round so far, no reason she can't continue that trajectory and put herself in contention.