• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

Steadily increasing my rating. Went from a 694 up to a 736; I'm pretty sure one round from my first tournament dropped, which would definitely have helped. To have only played three tournaments and have my rating continue to steadily increase with each tournament, is definitely a good feeling.

I dropped 7 points. That's what I get for bringing the weakness to the 1 tournament I've played this year. Played 2 terrible rounds and didn't come back on Sunday so I got 999 for rounds 3 and 4. Lame on my part. I've got a lot tournaments planned for the rest of the year so I'll climb back. Have to keep my head game strong.

You're lucky the TD gave you a 999 instead of an 888, which would negatively effect your rating as well.

You're lucky the TD gave you a 999 instead of an 888, which would negatively effect your rating as well.

I officially withdrew after the 2nd round by telling the TD I wasn't coming back on Sunday. If you do that you get a 999. If you just walk off without contacting the TD then you get 888. I think that's how it works. Either way I just shouldn't have played so mentally weak. Took the spot from someone that would've fought the whole weekend. Must be mentally stronger!!!!!

Last edited:
Lmao thanks to some baggers in my second to last tournament (most recent one didn't make the deadline) my rating dropped a whopping 21 points to 885. I finished UNDER 1 for the tourney too. :(

Your rating fell because you played poorly, has nothing to do with whatever you deem to be Sandbaggers. Take responsibility and get better.

I officially withdrew after the 2nd round by telling the TD I wasn't coming back on Sunday. If you do that you get a 999. If you just walk off without contacting the TD then you get 888. I think that's how it works. Either way I just shouldn't have played so mentally weak. Took the spot from someone that would've fought the whole weekend. Must be mentally stronger!!!!!

You're correct. As long as you let the TD know you are good to go.

Work on that mental game!! For me it's the bad rounds that get me back to the course quicker than the good rounds!!

Your rating fell because you played poorly, has nothing to do with whatever you deem to be Sandbaggers. Take responsibility and get better.

That's not necessarily true....if you had say 2 different pads used in a tournament and further let's imagine that you are playing from the short tee pads and had fewer propagators from those tees and further let's assume that many say 5 players who are not pdga members decide to play well below their current ability level and finish 1 thru 5 in scores many strokes above the OP they could in affect artificially deflate ratings for OP......:D

That's not necessarily true....if you had say 2 different pads used in a tournament and further let's imagine that you are playing from the short tee pads and had fewer propagators from those tees and further let's assume that many say 5 players who are not pdga members decide to play well below their current ability level and finish 1 thru 5 in scores many strokes above the OP they could in affect artificially deflate ratings for OP......:D

Non members don't affect ratings.

Originally Posted by DesertFox
Lmao thanks to some baggers in my second to last tournament (most recent one didn't make the deadline) my rating dropped a whopping 21 points to 885. I finished UNDER 1 for the tourney too.

DesertFox only has five rated rounds. Important fact to note before drawing conclusions from such a small sample size.

While the score they post don't change ratings if the result of having many of them ends up with a very small amount of propagators....the the ratings could potentially be very inaccurate....

they could have been members and just haven't renewed, so they would essentially show up as nonmembers (i think)

As for my rating its stayed the same (931), but played my first PDGA event of the year which should give me a little boost since both rounds were better than the 2 that will be dropping off with the next update.

Yes they do if they are still propagators in the system.

I go on the basis that there's a difference between non members and non current members. If the players have a PDGA number and a rating, I consider them members whether they are current or not. Therefore those who neither have a number nor a rating are considered the non members I was speaking of.

Next update after that is May 26th so you won't have to wait too long.

Sweet. have a 997 and a not as good 964. First PDGA of the year so my rating is still down from last season when I was playing rec:eek::|

Well, I guess Int at the very tail end of last year.

Latest posts