• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

I'm down 10 with this latest update. Total 15 point drop since my injury last year.

I find it interesting how ratings seem to lag about a year (makes sense since they use 12 months worth of rounds). When I was improving rapidly I was averaging 970-980 rounds when my rating was still Intermediate level. Took a full year for my rating to get up into the 970s. As it did though, I injured my finger and stopped practicing/playing. My game became incredibly inconsistent and average play dropped to about 930-940. That was last summer/fall and just now my rating is finally starting to drop as those lower rounds are filtering in. Down to 961 now but should continue to drop since I'm still not back to full health.

It looks like PDGA ratings will be updated again in the next couple of days (June 24th) and the two tournaments that I played in April are still listed as "unofficial" on the PDGA website.

How long can tournament scores continue to be listed as "unofficial"? Is the change over to "official" something that relies solely on action from the TD, or are there other variables?

It looks like PDGA ratings will be updated again in the next couple of days (June 24th) and the two tournaments that I played in April are still listed as "unofficial" on the PDGA website.

How long can tournament scores continue to be listed as "unofficial"? Is the change over to "official" something that relies solely on action from the TD, or are there other variables?

Tournaments are listed as unofficial until the ratings update (unofficial really relates to the ratings rather than the results). The key thing to look for is if the tournament is listed on your profile page as completed. If it is, there's a good chance it will be in the update since it only appears there once the official report has been processed at PDGA HQ.

If the tournament isn't listed on your profile page, either the TD hasn't filed the report yet or he did so after the deadline for the next update.

Thank you Markmcc for the question and thank you JC17393 for the answer.

I have been waiting on offical round rating for a tourney I played in April

Will the tournament I played last weekend (6/14 & 6/15) reflect my new rating?

The PDGA usually start contacting the TDs when a report is more than a month late. For C-tiers, two weeks to get report submitted is typical. Only a few reports have never been received. I think in all but one case, we were able to reasonably estimate ratings from the scores posted online.

Just out of curiosity. Is there a deadline on how soon after the event the report is due? What happens if it is never received??

Event report due dates:

NT = within 24 hours of conclusion of event
A-tier = within 48 hours
B-tier = within one week
C-tier = within two weeks

Like Chuck says, they start bugging the TD after a month. TDs that fail to report or pay their fees eventually end up on the suspended list...no playing or running sanctioned events for them until everything is submitted.

On that note...

Lemon Lakes Hybrid Tourney had 1st round results entered prior to the start of the second round. Second round results were in before I got home. Gotta say I was impressed.

On that note...

Lemon Lakes Hybrid Tourney had 1st round results entered prior to the start of the second round. Second round results were in before I got home. Gotta say I was impressed.

Dynamic Discs is always really good about submitting results as well. Scores are almost always up sometime in the middle of lunch break.

How long does it normally take for results to show up under my name and number? There is a tournament from may that still hasn't posted.

Latest posts