• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA/UDISC/DiscGolfScene Course Directory vs DGCR vs Infinite courses

Evilchurch

Saw this little nugget on yesterdays Ultiworld post:
https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2018/11/14/udisc-expands-scope-pdga-memberships/

Krueger also noted that merging its growing course database with that of the PDGA's into the app will also mean that UDisc should become the premier course directory on the market.

What effect will this have on DGCR and the course directories here? They are both user generated, with mobile apps, and competing for eyes on the scorecards and maps. Now one is officially affiliated with the PDGA.

Also recently saw infinitediscs pushing users to build their version of a course directory.
http://courses.infinitediscs.com/

Saw this little nugget on yesterdays Ultiworld post:
https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2018/11/14/udisc-expands-scope-pdga-memberships/

What effect will this have on DGCR and the course directories here? They are both user generated, with mobile apps, and competing for eyes on the scorecards and maps. Now one is officially affiliated with the PDGA.

Also recently saw infinitediscs pushing users to build their version of a course directory.
http://courses.infinitediscs.com/

Nice Dr Suess move there.

I don't use my phone to check out courses, I just print what I need from DGCR and put it in my bag. Easier to get the paper out while playing than the phone. For me.

Now get off my lawn.

Even though I've been using uDisc for the last two years, and their course list is pretty good, I still default to DGCR. The biggest thing to me is going to courses that are a little off the beaten path, the last few steps in the directions to get you into the nooks and crannies a lot of DG courses reside, is key.

Speaking for myself it won't change a single thing. I don't use the PDGA, don't use UDisc and don't use Infinite Discs either. DG Scene for all my leagues, events and tourneys as well as keeping up with my DG circle. Then DGCR for scouting courses, planning my road trips and any other DG related items.

Speaking for myself it won't change a single thing. I don't use the PDGA, don't use UDisc and don't use Infinite Discs either. DG Scene for all my leagues, events and tourneys as well as keeping up with my DG circle. Then DGCR for scouting courses, planning my road trips and any other DG related items.

Yup, this exactly.

Though DG Scene is very big in this region. I suspect that their relationship with the PDGA will end up with enhancements. DG Scene is a great course directory and has been around for quite a while. It has little impact on DGCR, even given that DGS offers reviews. This site has feature that you cannot find elsewhere, nor do I think you will find them comprehensively, anywhere soon.

In my limited experience with them, DGCR is superior to the PDGA and UDisc course directories in many ways. Certainly in the ways that matter to me. I don't see a merger changing that.

In the long run, who knows? If they create a better mousetrap, a better course directory that DGCR, it will be a pretty awesome one, indeed.

In my limited experience with them, DGCR is superior to the PDGA and UDisc course directories in many ways. Certainly in the ways that matter to me. I don't see a merger changing that.

In the long run, who knows? If they create a better mousetrap, a better course directory that DGCR, it will be a pretty awesome one, indeed.

agree 100%

The one thing uDisc has going for it as far as courses is helping navigate on a new course. It's really helpful when you're looking for the next tee at an unfamiliar place.

The one thing uDisc has going for it as far as courses is helping navigate on a new course. It's really helpful when you're looking for the next tee at an unfamiliar place.

Tis why I print a map off DGCR and have it on my clipboard. With the DGCR scorecard I have printed off for tees options and distances. :p

In my limited first year experience DGCR has been the go to. I know all the other app's and websites and such, but I'm not playing for points standings and stuff, so pdga membership is still a ways off for me, the udisc app just feels weird (not playing for points)....that not playing for score may change in the spring, but to be honest, I'm just going to get a pimp membership here before I pay for anything else like here.
All though I do a lot of business with infinite discs, I just don't have the patience to twaddle fork around there all day writing reviews, my disc buying has slowed a bit anyways, so it's just no, no and no for them. It also kind of feels like they are building a captive community, for sales more than anything else. Which, fine, you are a business,but I feel like that's kind of bad for growing the sport. Like I said, pimp membership here and I'm good.
I hope that merger doesn't affect here. This seems to be a fantastic community to be involved/lurking with.

As a rec. player I have no interest in Udisc. When I need to I use an erasable scorecard. DGCR has helped me plan some great vacations since 2012. This is a great site that's directed me to 65 Michigan courses and counting. I use DG scene just to make sure there isn't a tournament going at the course I want to play. DGCR is great and I will stay loyal. This reminds me I have to re-up my basic membership

As a rec. player I have no interest in Udisc. When I need to I use an erasable scorecard. DGCR has helped me plan some great vacations since 2012. This is a great site that's directed me to 65 Michigan courses and counting. I use DG scene just to make sure there isn't a tournament going at the course I want to play. DGCR is great and I will stay loyal. This reminds me I have to re-up my basic membership

It's okay to cross the state line since you're a disc golfer.

It's okay to cross the state line since you're a disc golfer.

Funny you say that. I've been looking into northern Ohio and western Pennsylvania courses on the DGCR map. I have to break out of my shell and see what other states have to offer no doubt.

Funny you say that. I've been looking into northern Ohio and western Pennsylvania courses on the DGCR map. I have to break out of my shell and see what other states have to offer no doubt.

Well, you could start at Ottawa Park in Toledo, though it's average.

Perrysburg is weird, it's mostly open holes but they have a lot of money so the park is very nice, No poison ivy or prickers or snakes or muggers etc.

Fremont is a challenging course, has a couple of mini top of the world shots. Lots of wind usually.

Norwalk is going through some changes for better or worse. They are lengthening a lot of the holes, I'm thinking the locals must have some big arms. 24 holes, may be down to 22 now.

McComb is pretty cool, two sets of tees on all but 4 holes.

If you play Norwalk, hit me up and we'll play my nearby private course, such as it is. Short holes, lots of hills. Natural tee pads. Crappy baskets.

Udisc really can't hold up when compared to DGCR when it comes to course ratings and reviews. I use uDisc for all my rounds but when it comes to what course to play DGCR is just better. In every way.

It seems like every time I come across a player or group wandering around the course lost, they are using the udisc app. It does seem to be gaining popularity at least in this area

When I plan a road trip DGCR is my primary source of information. After researching DGCR I do check UDisc - occasionally there is a course listed on UDisc that is not (yet?) on DGCR.

I use Udisc for keeping score and navigating with the gps. The course ratings on there are very inaccurate!!! Too many homer ratings.

Yeah true, but DGCR has too many holier than thou ratings from guys who think a sub par tee sign means a course maxes out at a 2 star rating. The truth is usually in between the two.

Latest posts