• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA WORLD'S in Charlotte 2012

Are the singles rounds going to start on Tuesday or Monday? I know they're almost always Tues, K-Zoo in '08 was an exception. Has that decision been made yet?

Ashleigh and I are on the invite list, though I doubt we'll be able to take the time off to make it.

I'm on the list, but after expenses getting there, I don't think I'd be able to pay for lodging that many days. Boooooooo

I'm on the list, but after expenses getting there, I don't think I'd be able to pay for lodging that many days. Boooooooo

We already booked at Red Roof Inn with the pdga discount for $35 a night.

Charlotte UNCC (more information)
5111 Equipment Drive*|* I-85 at Exit 41/Sugar Creek Road*|* Charlotte,* NC* 28269*|* US*|* 704-598-0007

I am not surprised I got the invite, I knew it was coming for a while now. I can't wait until online registration opens. In the mean time, trying to get all my friends who were also invited to come as well. Colorado is a long ways away but I have a good feeling about our peeps this year.

That Red Roof is in a ROUGH part of town. Sugaw Creek disc golf course is the only disc golf course that I have been to where I have been offered BJs for crack (or crack money) more often than not and that Red Roof Inn is like two blocks away from the course. Hopefully there are a lot of disc golfers there for safety purposes.

If that is a rough part of town, near the university, where are the parts of town that we want to be in? The host hotel is downtown but more spendy than I care to pay.

University is not bad at all, but the Red Roof on Sugar Creek is not exactly at the University though despite the deceiving name of the hotel "Red Roof UNCC". Keep in mind that Charlotte is a VERY large city, and all large cities have their rough spots. I would say that out of the multitude of courses we have in town that Sugaw Creek is the only one that is in an area of town that I wouldn't go to alone (which will not be an issue at Worlds, obviously).

I didn't mean to scare anyone with my post, but I know if I was visiting somewhere that I was unfamiliar with I would want locals to give input on where to or not to stay. That Red Roof borders I-85 (major highway) and Sugar Creek Rd. If I were to choose a place to stay in the University Area it would be closer to the actual University on North Tryon St or WT Harris Blvd (closer to Hornet's Nest park), or out by the Airport near RL Smith (probably the most central location you can find for all courses used for Worlds and Advanced players are currently scheduled for 2 rounds there).

If you give me a price range, I'll do some searches for decent hotels... I may also talk to some friends who work @ local hotels and see if we can get a group discount for some DGCR folks.

any idea what the entry fee to this might be?

That'll be released with the invitation packets going to qualifiers March 5. It'll likely be in the ballpark with last year's when Ams were $115 and Juniors $85. I was told Pros were $225 last year, but that's secondhand.

don't stay at the RRI off of 85 and sugar creek. seriously.

We are all saying that as locals who know what's up. If you do stay there, there is a strong chance you will not enjoy your stay. do a little more research, please, for yourself.

Latest posts