• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Perkerson

reposado

Eagle Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I was thinking of playing perkerson tomorrow. Getting there shouldn't be a problem. I can get a cab at my hotel, five mile away. No idea how I will get back though. Any tips? I will be alone, also

First thought that comes to my mind is to call a cab when you're on hole 15 or so... I'm not intimately familiar with the area, but I played there in Jan, and while I didn't feel unsafe, I wouldn't want to sit there for too long waiting for a ride.

Maybe on your way over, ask your driver how far in advamce you should call to get a cab. Hell, see if he wants to play. :thmbup:

Whatever you do, I really think you'll enjoy playing there - really a beautiful course that balances challenge and fun quite successfully. No way you won't like it.

Last edited:
Its pretty much downtown. Marta would be slower than a cab, and the additiona walk would stretch the time budget

Well. Already don't like it. Are there no locals here that could have mentioned its 20 dollars from downtown?

I'm confused; it says you've played 199 courses. It says you've reviewed 198. But I see two courses that you haven't reviewed. What's up with that? :confused:

I'm confused; it says you've played 199 courses. It says you've reviewed 198. But I see two courses that you haven't reviewed. What's up with that? :confused:

Every once in a while, Tim does a thing where instead of making a course extinct he just hides the old reviews when there's a partial redesign. I have a couple courses that no longer show up as reviewed but those reviews are still in my list with the votes they got while they were up.

Yeah. I've reviewed one course that has since been redesigned and had reviews reset. So I get a review credited even though it looks like I haven't re viewed that course as it stands now

Profile shows you made it out to Perkerson... how'd ya like it?

Course was solid. Good layout. Experience was pretty miserable

Congrats on 200! I am sure you have more but just saw the #200 on your profile but I am sure this one was memorable. I have always wanted to play Perkerson but was told by several locals it was a little sketchy.

Congrats on 200! I am sure you have more but just saw the #200 on your profile but I am sure this one was memorable. I have always wanted to play Perkerson but was told by several locals it was a little sketchy.

thanks

it was a dry spell after 200. saturdays have essentially become 24 straight hours of football and if i can get out to play on sunday, im likely to play league. any new courses are just too far for a single day excursion.

it was a month from 200 to 201, though coincidentally today was 201-204.

perkeson, man. i havent even done the review yet because i was conflicted. i think in the end im going to not count anything extraneous in the score but talk about it a lot in other.

good course, but i would not go alone, and i would plan the time of day very carefully. id say between 830 and noon. and drive there.

the fact that a local felt he needed a bat while he did his morning walk around a lit basketball court was really the only part that freaked me out, but man, why did that guy need a bat.

and the fact that on the way out, the cab driver kept saying that no one was going to come pick me up out here.

I've got to reply to this post from the perspective of someone who is local to the course and owns houses in the surrounding neighborhood. It's really not as scary as people make it sound. Your post makes it sound like I'll get mugged if I visit past 12pm. Yes, you are in southwest Atlanta, which has a relatively high crime rate, but there isn't any more crime in this neighborhood than in nicer areas of the city like Grant Park.

I spent 3 hours in the park this morning cutting privet, alone as I usually am when there, and unprotected by baseball bat or anything else. I saw 4 people walking their dogs along the creek, two of them were women, walking alone. I see single women walking through the back reaches of the park nearly every time I visit.

There are occasional car break-ins, but that happens everywhere in the city of Atlanta -- don't leave valuables in your car, especially in plain sight, anywhere in the city. I've parked in the park over 200 x's and haven't ever had any issues with crime.

Bottom line - the area looks rough around the edges, because it is. It's an up and coming area. But it isn't dangerous or scary. The advice of only play in groups and only play in the mornings is just silly. He probably wasn't carrying the bat because of humans, maybe scared of dogs.

I have heard this course smells like cookies. Sugar cookies if I remember correctly.

I have heard this course smells like cookies. Sugar cookies if I remember correctly.

Is that what the kids are calling it these days? ;)

Excited to finally play the permanent layout this coming Sunday. Got two rounds in on the superb temp layout a couple years back.

I've also never felt unsafe there. Played it many times. Last time I was there I actually had a couple ask what I was doing and watched us tee off.

I can verify that for at least one day when I played it the course smelled like freshly baked cookies

I've got to reply to this post from the perspective of someone who is local to the course and owns houses in the surrounding neighborhood. It's really not as scary as people make it sound. Your post makes it sound like I'll get mugged if I visit past 12pm. Yes, you are in southwest Atlanta, which has a relatively high crime rate, but there isn't any more crime in this neighborhood than in nicer areas of the city like Grant Park.

I spent 3 hours in the park this morning cutting privet, alone as I usually am when there, and unprotected by baseball bat or anything else. I saw 4 people walking their dogs along the creek, two of them were women, walking alone. I see single women walking through the back reaches of the park nearly every time I visit.

There are occasional car break-ins, but that happens everywhere in the city of Atlanta -- don't leave valuables in your car, especially in plain sight, anywhere in the city. I've parked in the park over 200 x's and haven't ever had any issues with crime.

Bottom line - the area looks rough around the edges, because it is. It's an up and coming area. But it isn't dangerous or scary. The advice of only play in groups and only play in the mornings is just silly. He probably wasn't carrying the bat because of humans, maybe scared of dogs.

yeah i mean, once the clock hit around 730, it didnt feel unsafe at all. felt like any other park. im sure its mostly fine