• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pet peeves about filming disc golf

Useful thread. Thanks for sharing your opinions everyone, I can get behind most of whats been said.

Playing BAD music....just play something moderate and light and quiet...or nothing at all...prefer nothing....basically.....I think DGMonthly does it best. And I like Cubby's commentary....but the other guy is always like "yunnowwwww like, i mean, yunnowwwww, yeah,..." But I like those two a lot. I just wish they could do more.

McFly does a decent job, but they always play really lame bluegrassy coffee shop music thats depressing plus....THEY ALWAYS ZOOM in on the persons head....like...in a weird way.....

BUT for the most part I think they do a good job.

It'll get better with time. More and more players and friends are working on video and editting and its getting better....i REALLY want to see a professional job set up and then done with support of ESPN or something

So pedantic its painful.

Yes :|

tAiFWNWTSYQ95boVdfCVdA_m.jpg

How does one request a new forum/category on DGCR?

Was thinking about a forum for filmers where we can discuss equipment, techniques, editors, etc..

This site does this for skateboarding filmers:
http://forums.skateperception.com/

Lots of good stuff there if you film skateboarding.

McFly does a decent job, but they always play really lame bluegrassy coffee shop music thats depressing plus....THEY ALWAYS ZOOM in on the persons head....like...in a weird way.....

I always thought this was hilariously strange in his videos. I'm not sure if it was to gather some sort of player reaction or what, but that points back to a point already made in this thread. Standing directly behind the golfer while they throw (especially on straight holes), makes it impossible to see the line. So maybe they recognized that and wanted to show you some good pore exfoliation. . .

But seriously, McFlySoHigh did an amazing job with the Worlds videos. I liked the everything including the music. And I loved hearing the crowd roar!

How does one request a new forum/category on DGCR?

You may not be able to PM him directly, but you'd want to talk to "timg." He's the head-honcho around here. I think that is a useful idea for those who film disc golf.