• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Pine

Maybe I haven't beaten mine in yet but both of my Pines have noticeably more LSS than any of the Buzzzes I've owned. I'd say the Pine flies more like a Wasp, Shark, Sentinel kind of mid. Like I'd use the Pine for baby flex shots, sweeping hyzers and ranged hyzers whereas I'd use the Buzzz for lasers and short-range driving.

Makes sense. My most beat VIP Pine has developed some HSTurn but still has substantial LSFade.

I brought back in a Buzzz to try against the Pines & Warships in my bag.

At this point I remain unconvinced.

I like the VIP plastic so much better, and I like rounded dome shape of my Pines & Warships better.

I am still testing but I just have not found anything to Buzzz does better than the Pine / Warship combo.

It's not just a preference for Westside, I tried to let the Harp push my Zones out, but in the end, the Zone was a better disc for me and they held their place in the bag.

The Buzz could not beat the Pine out of my bag.

I gave it adequate time and lots of shots.

In the end, the Pine was just a better disc for my grip, power & throwing style.

Still using that Pine / Warship combo and loving it! I think the search is over for me on these slots.

I have BuzzZ AND PINE in my bag . . PINE is alot more OS than the BuzzZ so i need both

Anyone still throwing the Pine? I got one at a Trilogy challenge a while back and have been loving it recently. I like the plastic, but would be curious to see how a BT hard/medium flies. When is the last time someone bought one? Inventory is low all around due to COVID obviously.

Haven't seen one in stock in months. I really like it, but bag Bards since they are easily available.

I haven't seen any available since last fall. I haven't seen any announcements but I'm guessing they're OOP now. I hope I'm wrong but it's not looking promising.

I haven't seen any available since last fall. I haven't seen any announcements but I'm guessing they're OOP now. I hope I'm wrong but it's not looking promising.

I think it's part of the group of Westside discs that are probably OOP but no one has admitted it. Could be wrong but it seems like maybe no one at DD or L64 had a good enough feel on which Westside discs had a huge fandom other than the obvious ones, so they are watching sales to see what they can get away with cutting.

Agreed. They never made an announcement for Westside. I'm sure my Northman is gone too. I can't find those anywhere either. They'll probably have less cuts just due to less molds. It's too bad too, I was just starting to love my lone Pine.

I just recently got a Pine out of curiosity from a local shop, and I clicked with it like no other mid I've ever tried. It's honestly a Goldilocks disc for me now, the Gatekeeper is the only other mid I feel like I need now for something that isn't 100% utility. It's been quite the adventure hunting down more, though. The random one or two trilogy challenge editions have popped up on eBay and besides that, I've managed to track down four doing everything short of checking the dark web, somehow found a bicycle/ski shop in Wyoming that also sells discs this morning online that had a few left, got them for me and my friends who felt mine and saw it fly and have converted as well.

It's too bad. It had a great flight but what won me over the most was how good it felt in my hand! Maybe we just flood westside with emails pleading for the pine to return!

It's a great disc. I suspect it's just too crowded a slot to thrive in. It's out of my bag at the moment... not sure why... but if it's oop then it likely won't go back in, that's a shame.
I've been liking the md3 for that stable/OS mid slot lately. But I tend to throw either a putter or an OS fairway more often than not... the mids seem to get squeezed out

Yeah I'm in the same boat. My buddy said he'd give me his Pine from the Trilogy Challenge (where I got mine) so I'd have two. Might switch to the truth or fist off the ol rocs. Maybe I'll see how the md3 feels. In anyone has any other suggestions I'm all ears. The biggest sell was the feel of the pine so anything close I'll try it.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. My buddy said he'd give me his Pine from the Trilogy Challenge (where I got mine) so I'd have two. Might switch to the truth or fist off the ol rocs. Maybe I'll see how the md3 feels. In anyone has any other suggestions I'm all ears. The biggest sell was the feel of the pine so anything close I'll try it.

I have since switched to Wasps. I love them and they're filling in nicely. I tried a Bard last year too, but it's a little more OS than a Pine and it's not what I needed. Z wasps are great though.

I use the Bard, when you beat them in a bit they hold that flight really well. Better glide than many discs that stable.

That's what I'm hoping will happen. It's still my overstable mid, I barely ever bag it though. Zone for the shorter stuff and I power down my Trident for anything longer. Another great OOP mold but I have 3 so I should be set there for awhile.

That's what I'm hoping will happen. It's still my overstable mid, I barely ever bag it though. Zone for the shorter stuff and I power down my Trident for anything longer. Another great OOP mold but I have 3 so I should be set there for awhile.

I loved the Trident and it was actually my main. Disc for mid shots for a while though it's not really a mid.

My favorite one I lost a few years ago and it was miraculously returned almost 5 full years later. Surprisingly in the spot I likely lost it.

Latest posts